The 19-year-old british woman, who has been convicted of filing false review about gang rape, got prison.
She got four months ' imprisonment and a fine of a little over 1000 dollars.
It was settled by the District court in Paralimni on Tuesday morning. It writes The Guardian.
- I've decided to give her a second chance, said the judge Michalis Papathanasiou, who referred to her young age, psychological well-being and the need for antidepressants.
the Woman now has the opportunity to take back to the Uk after having resided in Cyprus since July.
She will appeal against the judgment of the Cyprus supreme court. The trial has been followed closely by human rights and ligestillingsgrupper.
One of the many protesters in front of the court in Paralimni. 'Shame on you, Cyprus. #jegtrorpåhende', says it on the sign. Photo: Ritzau Scanpix
Community - 5. jan. 2020 - pm. 18:23 Accused for the gang rape of Cyprus Will sue the woman
The 19-year-old notified gruppevoldtægten, which according to her took place at a hotel in the resort of Aiya Napa, 17. July 2019. Since she pulled the notification. Although she insists that she was pressured to withdraw the charges back to an eight hour long interrogation, where there was neither a lawyer or an interpreter present.
30. december, she was found guilty of filing a false review. Judge Papathanasiou put his capacity for weight on the fact that 'the accused did not good impression'.
Have you been the victim of a sexual assault on a vacation, where you have felt you forced to withdraw your complaint, contact like the Extra Blade on the firstname.lastname@example.org
Demonstrators from several countries in front of the court in Paralimni. Photo: Ritzau Scanpix
Straframmen was up to six months in prison and a fine of over 12,000 crowns, but the young woman, whose name has not been encouraging during the trial, the slack thus significantly cheaper.
She was held in custody for over a month after the notification and have stayed in Cyprus ago when she got engaged his passport by the authorities.
Her lawyer, Lewis Power, is pleased that his client has the opportunity to come home, but says that they will fight to overturn the verdict and take it to the EU Court of human rights.
- We have said and continue to say that this young girl was robbed of both his dignity and basic human rights. She has been diagnosed with severe PTSD, and this case has resulted in the deterioration of her mental health, he explained and praised the 19-year-old for her courage and delivered a sharp criticism of her alleged assailants.
The 19-year-old woman's mother and her lawyer after the domsaftigelsen. Photo: Ritzau Scanpix
- Some of those who committed this serious sexual assault, returned to their homeland and triumphed shamelessly about what they had done to her, which exacerbated her trauma, he added with reference to some of the 12 israeleres taunt. at the airport in the home country, after they came home.
Here they opened bottles of champagne and singing 'the Briton is a whore'. The scenes have caused outrage in his home country and in the Uk, that threatens to boycott holidays to Cyprus as a result of the case.
part of the 12 accused israelis cheered and danced when they landed in hjemladet. Photo: Ritzau Scanpix
The british foreign secretary, Dominic Raab, has recently expressed 'very serious concern' over Cyprus in connection with its treatment of the 19-year-old girl, according to the BBC.
According to the 19-year-old, she was in bed with his israeli feriekæreste - known in the media as Sam - as several of his friends fried into the room.
Sam held her fast, while she was raped by several of his friends, while the other filmed.
- I don't know how many of them raped me. I could not see it, she explained in court, according to The Telegraph.
She fled half-naked from the hotel and got the help of his friends to come to the hospital, who subsequently called the police. There was found dna from the four men, it was explained in court.
the Men, who ranged in age from 15 to 22 years old, claiming that she had voluntary sex with several of them. They were initially arrested and detained, but released after a week's time.
the 112 - 30. dec. 2019 - at. 10:23 Woman accused 12 men for gang rape: Now she is even convicted