Before the politicians give permission to construct a new highway, construction of a wind farm or build a metro, to make an EIA report, which assesses the impact on the environment.
According to the EU, we comply with the rules in this area, and therefore sent to the EUROPEAN Commission, in October, a letter of formal notice to Denmark, as the Danish parliament's Environment and food committees had on the agenda in January.
The letter is not accessible to the public, but in a press release from the UNION says that the shortcomings include the 'unclear national rules for the adoption of projects by law, an incorrect implementation of the provisions on the consultation of the public and the authorities as well as incorrect national rules on what building and development consent must contain.'
That the EU is involved in the case to arouse the enthusiasm of Louise Faber, who is a lawyer and president of The against a highway in the Egholm line.
- It cuts the hole in the wall of silence, we are met with when we come with a professional criticism of the politicians ' decision-making process, she says.
- We've got rejected all the complaints, says Louise Faber, president of The against a highway in the Egholm line. Photo: Claus Bonnerup
She hopes that it leads to, in future, there will be taken into account for the citizens ' objections and to come to a real right of appeal.
- In the rule of law, we can't live with it, as it is now. Of course, there is sometimes build new roads, but it must be done in a proper way, " she stresses.
Of the Environment, and How information about the case, it appears that the EU Commission raises the 31 criticisms of the Danish implementation of the EIA directive.
A letter of formal notice is the first step on the road to a lawsuit at the EUROPEAN Court of justice, but the member gets an opportunity to respond, before it comes there.
--------- SPLIT ELEMENT ---------Nordjyder in protest-party against the highway - I think our happenings, festivals, singing on the streets and alleys and sharp and trouble have made a difference. I can see that more interfere in the debate - whether it is in the newspaper or in the swimming pool, says Torben Skovgaard. Photo: Claus Bonnerup
on Friday night invited the action group Egholm-Highway No, Thank you Aalborg-citizens to the party to celebrate their one-year-birthday.
the Room buzzed with 100 local motorvejsmodstandere, who both were served the news about the EU, the criticism of Denmark and an eco-menu from Egholms restaurant.
- I am wildly fantastic impressed with the support. It is important to raise money, we have no budget. It is an unequal battle, says Torben Skovgaard from the action group to Ekstra Bladet.
In the group's first year of life he has marked a growing opposition to the project over the island in the Limfjord. We asked the attendees how to solve trafikknuderne in Aalborg without a new highway bridge.
- We must find a solution, for here is a traffic problem, but it should just not damage nature and such a peaceful place.
- A bridge over the Egholm is absolutely insane on all levels. Car use is the problem, so we must strengthen the collective traffic and not spend money on more roads.
- We have a small, unique island just outside our city. It is very particular in 500 metres from a big city, and we need to preserve. Therefore, you must make an extra tube on Limfjordstunnelen instead.
Community - 14. mar. 2019 - at. 07:43 New highway stirs anger: Shame