That goes pretty much not a day without a new accident hit Denmark's european championship squad. This time it has hit the team captain, Niklas Landin, who had to skip Thursday's workout in Frederiksberghallen over.
Landin, who is also Denmark's first choice in goal, had been back in his bed at the Hotel Scandic with an upset stomach.
- It is pouring down upon us, telling the national coach Nikolaj Jacobsen, who gradually is somewhat frustrated over the many injuries and mishaps that have hit the team.
Niklas Landin has put up with an upset stomach. Photo: Jens Dresling
At Wednesday's workout, it was Mikael Damgaard, who had to retire with an injured thumb on his left hand.
- But he should be able to work out with in the day, It was more of a battle than it was an injury, says the national coach before the closed training,
the Extra Leaf did as also to see that Damgaard took part in the firing with a sound indtapning of his thumb.
I could well imagine a day without bad news, says Nikolaj Jacobsen, before he makes the status of the other injured players, that counts Rasmus Lauge, Lasse Svan and Magnus Landin.
- Ross trained a little with yesterday. With him, we are trying all the time to increase the load from day to day. But whether it is enough to play against an aggressive English defence on Saturday, I do not know yet.
- Svan is reported as out for the match against Iceland. It is not the plan that Magnus Landin will train today, so I have a hard time maintaining optimism in relation to his participation on Saturday.
the Article continues under the picture...
Nikolaj Jacobsen has enough to grapple with. Photo: Jens Dresling.
Friday at 20, the l. report, at least 15 names to the squad, as last Saturday morning at 9.00 can grow to 16. In addition, he must take two reserves. In the initial group stage he must make two substitutions.
But how many names has he really in his paper, when you now drag both Magnus Landin and Lasse Svan from..
- I have 15 names, I can sign in. Them I am sure.
- When you so the training yesterday, it seems that you are very keen to get both Jacob Holm and Michael Damgaard with in the squad against Iceland?
- It is also a good option. We meet a very aggressive defense, and I need people who can win any man-man-duels. Otherwise, we will have it hard facing the way, the Iceland coach, Gudmundur Gudmundsson, would like to play defense.
- But it can then be Morten Olsen, who must face?
- There is any to spare. But because you're not playing a match, it does not mean that you can't play the next. There are new opponents, and I have the opportunity to make replacements.
- But you must well keep the replacements to a goalkeeper?
- How to I am thinking now not. Should you be so unlucky that a goalkeeper gets injured, we must stand with the a in a single fight. Worse is not. So you can change again in the next battle, says Nikolaj Jacobsen.
He was also on TV2 brought into play as an option as a replacement for Klavs Bruun Jørgensen of the women's team. That is, a kind of central park.. Possibly in cooperation with Esbjerg, Jesper Jensen, who is the Ekstra Bladet Magazine's favorite.
- I do not want to comment, said Nikolaj Jacobsen, before he gathered his slightly depleted squad in a circle in the Frederiksberghallen.
Handball - 8. jan. 2020 - pm. 12:39 New EM-shock: the Danish star left the training
Handball - 6. jan. 2020 - pm. 09:42 in Front of the big decision: - It will be ass and keys
See also: Now is Denmark guldfavorit