It is not many words, the public has heard from the svindelmistænkte Britta Nielsen, since she was arrested a 5. november 2018.
today in court she would have explained the background to the fraud, but it is now exposed to the 5. november. Hence comes Britta Nielsen first with an explanation on the anniversary of his arrest in south Africa.
the Postponement is due to a feud between the Brittas defender, Nima Nabipour, and the prosecution. Nima Nabipour has demanded an explanation as to why he has not gotten all the documents on the progress of the Britta Nielsen's extradition from south Africa to Denmark
the Statement was not ready at the trial today, and judge Vivi Sønderskov Møller informs, therefore, that it makes no sense to question the Britta Nielsen, before this is available.
the Prosecution has previously recognized that it was a mistake, that the extradition agreement between Britta Nielsen and the Danish authorities had not come up with the documents related to the case.
Community - 21. oct. 2019 - at. 11:30 the credit Card reveals Britta: Here shoppede she loose
the Next hearing is therefore postponed to 5. november.
Nima Nabipour explains that there is a total of 24 points, as he wants to get explained by the prosecution.
- It is 24 points, which I have asked them to clarify - and that they are working on, I can understand. Until we have the answers - and it was the court and the prosecution agree - it does not make much sense to start the case, he says.
- I can't go much further into what are the 24 points.
Nima Nabipour also acknowledged that the focal point of the statement 'very well' could be the application of the penal code, section 88, which allows for a heightened punishment to Britta Nielsen. As Britta Nielsen signed the extradition agreement, she gave also the permission to, she could be charged for all sections.
- So that it hangs together with the penalty, your client can get?
- Yes, among other things.
the 112 - 21. oct. 2019 - at. 06:44 Brittas wild escape: Cheat the police three times
- it Was the lack of explanation you discussed with Britta, as In brief left the courtroom?
- I have a duty of confidentiality in relation to what I discuss with my client, so unfortunately I cannot go into.
- do you Think still, that it is incomprehensible that you have not received all the documents on the extradition?
- I can not at present say whether it was a simple error, or what else lies beneath. But I always think that it is incomprehensible, when the defender does not have access to the full dossier. I think this is a quite crucial retssikkerhedsprincip, we have in this country; that defense counsel shall have access to the same as the prosecution.
It was a clearly irritated prosecutor's, Kia's, who left the courtroom a long time after everyone else. She got vrisset, that it was 'annoying to not be able to get started with the case'.
When Ekstra Bladet asked for a comment, she had not, however, desire to talk. The only thing she would tell was that they were just now working to get the answer on the 24 points, which Nima Nabipour has required.
Britta Nielsen is accused of by his work in the national board of social services to have transferred about 117 million dollars to themselves. She has admitted to have made transfers, but not all amounts and times.
§ 88 of the Penal code
Means that an accused person can get the half of the maximum sentence the person convicted for the top. That is to say, in principle, say, that if Britta Nielsen will be convicted of aggravated fraud and get 8 years in prison, so can she, after section 88 additional 4 years on top.
the Wording of section 88:
'no, by the one or more acts committed more offenses, shall be used for such a common punishment within the prescribed maximum sentence, or, if multiple penalties are being considered, the most stringent of these. Under particularly aggravating circumstances the penalty can exceed the highest of any of the offences prescribed penalty by up to half.'Show more Close
Featured articles about Britta Nielsen-case Past day Britta Nielsen's personal assistant, have come forward Past day Britta panic: Locked out of millionkonto Past day the credit Card reveals Britta: Here shoppede she loose Past day Brittas wild escape: Cheated the police three times Past day the House of the smoke to the shock-price: It was the state of Brittas property Past day the Rich luxury revealed in Brittas house Past day Helped Britta during the escape: Participated in the auction Past day Violent robbery in Britta Nielsen's house: Guard injured Past day Britta risk milliontab: Brittas houses for sale to spot Past day Fired millionerne of: Flew in business class to the safari, the Past day the Mystery before Britta-trial: missing 47 million Past day Here is the document: Read the whole Britta Nielsen's explanation Past day Bagmandspolitiets sloppiness: Dropped Britta-case after a week and a half Past day Exclusive insight: Here is Britta Nielsen's first explanation Past day Now comes Brittas worn luxury on auction