The best female footballers in China is not going to move significantly in the coming week.
The chinese national team and all officials and managers - a total of 32 people - is caught in the quarantine in their hotel rooms in the australian city of Brisbane.
the Team was originally supposed to be the game of the OLYMPICS kvalifikatiopnskampe in Wuhan, but the fights were because of coronaviruses moved to Nanjing. As the virus spread, was the fighting instead moved to Sydney, why the chinese had to go to Australia.
There is not much to cheer about for the chinese defense can also touch, which these days is caught in quarantine at an australian hotel. Photo: Phil Noble/Reuters/Ritzau Scanpix
It was Wednesday morning, where the train from Shanghai to Brisbane. As they a week ago had stayed in Wuhan, they were immediately taken to a hotel in Brisbane and then isolated in the room.
Queensland's Chief Health Officer, Jeannette Young, the state's top health chief, explains that none of the players immediately show any symptoms of being infected, but that there will not be taken any risk.
- They have all been very cooperative, just like the chinese consulate also has it and the hotel.
- If any of the soccer players develop any symptoms, of course we will rush them to one of our four hospitals, so that they can be quickly examined, tested, and isolated, says Jeannette Young, according to ABC.
players can then sit for the miniumum 5. February - two days after the planned game against Thailand and just a day before the showdown against Taiwan.
Two showdown has not yet been moved, but the asian football confederation, AFC, will probably move the entire tournament which also includes Australia.
The four countries playing for two spots in a playoff tournament with the two teams from the other kvalifikationsgruppe. The four must total to two, which can take with the host nation Japan at the summer OLYMPICS.
the FACTS: A new virus is spreading in China
the Chinese authorities and the world health organisation (WHO) informs that a new type of corona virus is the cause of an outbreak of pneumonia in the city of Wuhan in central China.
Some experts say that the new virus may not be as deadly as the other variants of corona virus. It applies, for example, sars, which killed nearly 800 people worldwide during an outbreak, which also began in China, in 2002 and 2003.
But so far by the experts very little about the new virus. Including where it comes from, and how easily it can be transmitted between humans.
learn more about the outbreak here:
* The 20. January confirms the chinese authorities 139 new cases and a third of the deaths. The new cases include three outside of Wuhan, two in Beijing. It is the first time that it is confirmed that the virus has spread to other chinese cities.
* Until the 20. January, there are more than 200 confirmed cases of people with pneumonia caused by the new virus. Their symptoms include fever, cough and difficulty breathing.
* Of the 198 patients in Wuhan are three dead, while the 25 is declared healthy.
* There are also confirmed two cases of the new virus in Thailand. It is about two chinese tourists from Wuhan. In Japan, the virus is also confirmed. We are talking here about a japanese, who had visited the Wuhan.
Experts know very little about the new virus:
* China's national sundhedskommission inform the 19. January, that the source of the virus has not been found.
* the Outbreak is strongly linked to a fish market in Wuhan. However, reject some patients who are infected with the virus, they have been in the vicinity of this market.
* the Health authorities say that there is no clear evidence that the virus is easily transmitted from one person to another. But the authorities can not rule out the possibility that the virus is transmitted between people.
* The municipal authorities in Wuhan have previously stated that a married couple was infected with the virus the 15. January. While the man who was ill, worked on the mentioned fish market, refuses the wife, that she has been on the market.
* There is no vaccine against the new virus.
* Chinese authorities have increased the control with the virus prior to the chinese new year in late January, where many of the country's 1.4 billion inhabitants will travel to their places of origin or abroad.
* airport authorities in the UNITED states as well as in many asian countries, including Japan, Thailand, Singapore and south Korea, have increased screening of passengers from Wuhan.
* WHO has sent directives to hospitals all over the world in order to protect against the virus.
Source: Reuters/news agency Ritzau.Show more
See also: Fear of the virus: the bike Race canceled