Socially, mentally and physically, the winnings will be huge by the fact that older people can grow, network, exercise, knitting, bingo and billiards in the many activity centres around Denmark.
the activity centre Solbakken in Ebeltoft is no exception, but Syddjurs Municipality spareiver with, among other things to fire several employees of the municipality in a total of nine activity centres arouses anger and creates despair among both the users and the volunteers, who for years has helped the municipal staff to operate the centre only a stone's throw from the beautifully located Hotel White House, with views over Ebeltoft Bay and Mols Bjerge.
the Municipality might as well introduce euthanasia. The terms are completely unacceptable and an impertinence, both to the users and us volunteers, who operate the centres, says Inge Gleesborg Nielsen, who is chairman of the centerrådet in the activity centre Solhaven.
Savings of up to five million crowns in the field of ageing in Syddjurs Municipality, among other things, means that 18 out of a total of 32 employees in the municipality's activity centres will disappear. To turn, put up to, to the many volunteers who Inge Gleesborg Nielsen in higher degree should lifting tasks that were previously carried out by paid employees.
- It is not reasonable that we should be treated this way, and with these conditions it becomes very difficult to find volunteer labor for the municipality in the future, " says the 69-year-old pensioner, whose husband also is in the Solhavens rots.
the Couple moved to Ebeltoft from Aalborg nine years ago, and they enjoy many other activities and community with other older people, in addition to the practical tasks that come with being a volunteer.
Inge Gleesborg Nielsen are often for activities at least three times a week, and in some periods, she needs to be available in the Solhaven each and every day. Bingo, strikkeklub and training for the elderly are among the already numerous tasks, which in the future will be even more.
Inge Gleesborg Nielsen is furious that Syddjurs Municipality now requires her and other volunteers yet more tasks. Photo: Ernst van Norde
- Now we must also stand for the administration in virtue of among other things, the levying of membership fees from the users, accounts and minutes. And it stops probably do not know it, says Inge Gleesborg Nielsen.
the Frustration does not stop there. The annual grant of 90,000 dollars to the activities is halved in 2020 and disappear ago completely at the same time cut heavily in the municipal support for transportation for the many older people who are mobile and without the service are less well placed to grow the community in aktivitetscentrene.
Inge Gleesborg Nielsen believes that it is 'deeply unfair' that she must now carry out contract work for the municipality, that they can save.
- I would also like to have time to avail myself of Solhavens offer, and it is hard enough already, but now it becomes the almost impossible, she says, and continues:
- We older were born in the 'flinkeskolen' and shouts rarely high. But we do now. It can't be true, that savings always go beyond the elderly and families with children, adding Inge Gleesborg Nielsen, who does not intend to continue as a volunteer under the new terms.
Syddjurs Municipality is probably not the only place in the country, one will find that the volunteers take over tasks from past paid staff. It will among other things be done, because the proportion of older people over 65 years is increasing, and because the elderly do not pay as much tax as when they worked.
Ekstra Bladet tried Saturday in vain to get a comment from the professor in kommunaløkonomi, Kurt Houlberg. Earlier in the week he said, however, the following for DR:
- The municipalities will try to exploit the families, we will see much more of in the coming years, as the economy becomes more depressed. It becomes difficult to provide the same quality services for older people in the future, as we have today.
--------- SPLIT ELEMENT ---------
Mayor: are Our elderly a lot
The amended terms of Solhaven and other activity centres is a consequence of Syddjurs Municipality to save up to five million dollars on the entire relation. But the involvement of the volunteers as a part of the spareøvelsen must be viewed in light of the fact that the municipality will avoid the savings of the weakest group of the elderly.
To summarize, the socialist mayor of Syddjurs Municipality, Ole Bollesen, the issue, which has caused anger and frustration on the part of users and volunteers at the activity centre Solhaven.
- We have confidence that the elderly can be a lot of things, and instead to close down the centres, we believe that this model is a solution in the future, " says Ole Bollesen to Ekstra Bladet.
Mayor Ole Bollesen, to the left in the image, takes the first sod to the culture Maltfabrikken in Ebeltoft on a previous occasion. Photo: Tanja Carstens Lund/Polfoto
He thinks that the waves will exert himself, when the restructuring is dropped in place.
- We have probably been too poor to convey what we want and why and how we do it.
- I consider the elderly people in the municipality to be a resource and not a burden, and I know Inge from Solhaven, which is my age. When I can be the mayor, she can also organize and take action in Solhaven.
- Yes, she can. But the essential difference is that you get salary for your efforts - it doesn't she?
- I will only be mayor for two more years, and when it is past, provide I also like to volunteer where I can.