eight years ago, got Amon Browning a price. A papirdiplom to have worked in the same place for ten years.
It was a crucial moment for the now 39-year-old father of two. For it was right there, he realized that he could not be at. It was right there, he knew that he would retire early.
- You can work in so many years, and all you get out of it, is a piece of paper. I wanted more out of life than that. The idea of working for 30 years in a small kontorbås and the kittens thought my life was crazy for me, tells Amon Browning, in an exclusive interview with the Daily Mail.
You should believe it
It was the beginning of the movement and the FIRE (Financial Independence Retire Early, ed.), as Amon Browning started together with his wife, the now 41-year-old Christina Browning.
the Pair has continuously posted updates on their website, on Instagram and on the Youtube channel Our Rich Journey, where they shared out of their cunning afford to save and earn enough money to be able to retire early and enjoy life instead of working through life.
- FOUR-the journey is about saving money, make money and invest the money. But before you do that, you must believe that you can do it. It's all about your mindset, says Amon Browning.
recently, the couple and their two children, Sunoa 13-year and 11-year-old Melea, announce in a Youtube video, that now they got the goal. They are, after eight years of targeted spinken, sparen and clever tricks now financially independent and have moved from their home in San Francisco to Lisbon, Portugal to live a relaxed life without having to work.
Husflip and ubertricks
At the family's online channels, you can find a lot of good advice and tricks that the family has made use of in order to save the two million dollars (13,45 million Danish kroner) together, which now constitutes their common, early retirement.
Both Amon and Christina Browning was employed by the state. He, as a planner with an annual income of 98,000 dollars (656.000 Danish kroner), while she as a lawyer earned 70,000 dollars per year (469.000 euros).
In 2011, the couple themselves ten years to earn enough money to be able to go on early retirement. But they were so effective that they ended up in the goal after eight years.
In 2013 they began to 'flipping' houses - which is to say that they bought houses that needed to be put in a position, lived in them while they renovated them, and sold them again with a profit. They did a total of three houses, which ended up bringing them 400.000 dollars (2,68 million Danish kroner).
Through the years earned the good money on selling things via the net, and so did the use of a clever trick they had discovered in the ridesharing companies Uber and Lift. They reported to the as drivers, but served according to the couple 26,000 dollars (174.000 Danish kroner (dkk) without ever having picked one passenger up.
- For us it was only about the trick. The companies gave 40 dollars an hour just to have on the app, tells Amon Browning, who with his wife invested most of their savings accounts in index funds, that followed the stock market.
the Family also had to make some lifestyle changes as to sell their brand new BMW and instead obtain a cheap minivan.
Become rich for your children
They have now chosen to share their story because they want to let other parents know that it is possible to save a lot of money up. Even if you have children.
- When people say that kids are expensive - it makes children expensive, if you want to give them the whole world. People go broke for their children, but they will not be rich for them, says Amon Browning.
He stresses, however, that the family in saving the years was on vacation several times, paid for by bonuses on their credit cards. So, even if it was not for christmas gifts, they got lots of good memories together in the time period.
- Our girls can remember back that they were in Paris on christmas day, or Singapore, or Thailand.
In 2016, the family moved to Japan because of work. Have they were able to save up in record time, because they do not have to pay rent while they lived there. On the way they could in three years to save 70 percent of their revenues and invest them.
So in July of this year, two years earlier than expected, the couple could announce that they would now retire and move to Portugal. Here live the now with the monthly expenditure of 4500 dollars, equivalent to a little over 30,000 Danish kroner.