North korea's leader, Kim Jong-un, sent at the end of august a written invitation to the president of the UNITED states, Donald Trump, for a summit between the two in the capital city of Pyongyang.
It reports the south Korean newspaper Joongang Ilbo on Monday on the basis of information from diplomats. It writes Bloomberg News and Reuters. It is not apparent how the invitation has been accepted.
Neither The White House, the u.s. department of state, or the North's UN mission in New York has responded to requests from Reuters for comment on a information.
Kim Jong-un and Trump has since June last year, met three times. The main theme of the talks has been North korea's nuclear and missile programmes.
Trump is trying to get the regime in north Korea to give up våbenprogrammerne, but so far it has been small progress.
The two heads of state met at the latest in June in the demilitarized zone between North and south Korea.
Here was they agreed at departmental level to resume the negotiations, which had been put on pause since a summit in Hanoi, Vietnam in February ended without results.
War & disasters - 11. sep. 2019 - at. 02:57 Kim Jong-un reveals new weapons
last week said North korea's deputy foreign minister, Choe Son-hui, north Korea was willing to take part in 'deep discussion' at the end of this month.
Subsequently, said Trump, that he was willing to meet Kim Jong-un later in the year.
The first summit between the two took place in Singapore in June 2018. The meeting was historic because it was the first between a sitting american president and a leader of north Korea.
See also: Picture that reveals the Trumps lie