2019 was a disappointment for the illustrious Ferrari team only managed to pick up three contest wins, and never really threatened the Mercedes-dominance.
this year should be different, and with his usual sense of the magnificence of the Italian team on Tuesday presented its bid on a mesterskabsbil.
team manager Mattia Binottos opinions at the launch of the new car is pointing in the direction of a shift in the concept - though at first glance it looks like itself, tells motorsportsmediet Autosport.
Where the car has been known to be good on high speed lines, it could look like there was more focus on to perform on tracks which require much downforce.
- When the rules are not changing, so it is difficult to change the car totally, " says Binotto.
- We started with the car from last year, SF90, but we are certainly extreme in all of the concepts, we have been able to.
the Teatro Municipale in Reggio Emilia in northern Italy, home to the great achievement. Photo: Ferrari Press Office/news agency Ritzau Scanpix
- We are trying to get the maximum out of the aerodynamics and to get the maximum downforce level, so the entire car - monocoque, engine and gearbox - has been made for this narrow body, says the team head.
- It may look out as last year, but believe me: It is completely different than last year.
you also get use of, since it is 13 years since they last won a championship.
See also: Mercedes blow up the bank: Will gild Hamilton
Formula 1 - 14. dec. 2019 - at. 11:41 Trumps to Haas: Big change at Ferrari
Binotto between its stjernekørere. Photo: Ferrari Press Office/news agency Ritzau Scanpix
Sports and Games Secret trick: See Eriksen - free
Formula 1 - 10. feb. 2020 - pm. 09:29 Grosjean takes the credit: - Had I not said anything...
On the kørersiden it should be interesting to see how the dynamics between the veteran's Sebastian Vettel and comet Charles Leclerc. Last year, the 22-year-old monegasker to pick up more points than Vettel, despite the German still looked like a førstekører, but in 2020, could the pendulum swing the other way.
Binotto says that the two are equal in this season.
Charles has gained a lot of experience with us. They are on the same level, so they can fight to be first. Let them race.
- It is a good season, a big challenge, and I can't wait, I need to run the new car, said Leclerc.
It gets the Ferrari drivers the option when testdagene beginning 19. February.
See Kevin Magnussens new races right here
Liveries are made to last— Aston Martin Red Bull Racing (@redbullracing) February 12, 2020
The RB16 is here to #ChargeOn
Formula 1 - 11. dec. 2019 - at. 07:56 Formula 1-team furious: Feel røvrendt
Sports and Games He has all of the data: Here Kevin improve themselves.
Sports and Games Kevin completely private: - I have found a home