From near and far pouring it in with greetings, tribute and recognition from the people in and around tennis after Caroline Wozniacki on Friday morning, Danish time had played its last professional match as a tennis player.
While tennisskribenten Ben Rothenberg from the New York Times wondered in, how long before there is space for her in the sport's Hall of Fame, sent the WTA Tour a attention-grabbing tv clips on Twitter.
1 minute and 55-second interview with three of her male colleagues, Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic. Three gentlemen who for many years has known Wozniacki from a myriad of tournaments and appearances on all sorts of tennis courts.
And the trio with preliminary 55 Grand Slam titles between them do not hide their respect and love for dane.
- I don't Know how to say goodbye to you, it comes initially from Novak Djokovic, as Caroline developed a close friendship as they got to know each other in Monaco many years back.
- We developed a good friendship. You are a great person and has done so much good for tennis, said the serb in the news.
Rafael Nadal smiles, but he stresses that: - It is very sad. For all will like to see you continue, says the spaniard.
- You've had a great career, and you are always very sweet at all, it comes.
Also, Roger Federer pays tribute to his Danish colleague, although he often has had to have patience in use around Wozniacki.
- I have often been waiting to be had in battle for you. And your battles took forever. But it is okay, for I loved to see you play, say schweizeren with a smile.
- We are going to miss you, but you are welcome to come and see us play, says Djokovic.
"Caro, I don't know how to say goodbye to you.“— WTA (@WTA) January 24, 2020
“Thank you for everything you've done for tennis.”
"I wish you all the best in your personal life. Happiness. Health.”@atptour players @rogerfederer, @DjokerNole & @RafaelNadal send messages of two @CaroWozniacki.#CongratsCaro pic.twitter.com/JkHBtBV43n
Also, Ons Jabeur, who would prove to be her last opponent as a professional tennis player, send a greeting on Twitter.
Congrats @CaroWozniacki on an amazing career. It was an honour to share the court with you today. Your fighting spirit has always inspired me and I wish you all the best in this next chapter of your life. You'll be missed but I'm sure we will see you around.— Ons Jabeur (@Ons_Jabeur) January 24, 2020
- Congratulations @CaroWozniacki with your amazing career. It was an honour to share the pitch with you today. Your fighter spirit has always inspired me, and I wish you all the best in your next chapter of your life. You will be missed, but I am sure that we will see you again, writes tuneseren.
See also: Shelves Wozniacki: It is not commonplace
See also: Game over, Caroline: his Career is over
See also: Piotr feel liberated: Now must I only be a father