the Reactions from former and current star players pour in after the former NBA commissioner David Stern's death. Commissioner in american sports, the term for the supreme leader of a confederation.
David Stern was commissioner of the u.s. basketballforbund from 1984 to 2014, when the NBA saw an explosive growth in popularity.
In 2014 he quit his as a commissioner, and 1. January 2020, he died at the age of 77 years due to a stroke,
- All members of the NBA family is the beneficiary of David's vision, generosity and inspiration, says the current commissioner, Adam Silver, in a press release.
- because of David, the NBA is a global brand, he says.
Several significant names in the basketballhistorien have expressed their condolences.
- Without David Stern would the NBA not be what it is today, says the former star for the Chicago Bulls Michael Jordan in a press release.
- He led the league through turbulent times and turned it into an international phenomenon, " says Jordan.
the Commissioner of the NFL, Roger Goodell, remember Stern "as a driving force in the sports world in decades," he says.
The current superstar of the sport LeBron James salute Stern for having changed many lives of young people.
- Your vision to make our game world was a vision that only you could have done, " says LeBron James.
The German basketball player Dirk Nowitzki, who was selected for the seasonal team 14 times in his career, says: 'we have lost a legend.'
See also: OLYMPIC hero ended up in the gældshelvede: Thanked no to playboy and Qatar-money
Premier League - 1. jan. 2020 - pm. 20:15 Transferguru: Team in contact with the Eriksen
Sports and Games Is Kobe Bryant the greatest in history?
Sports and Games show of power! The team that nobody can beat