Three summer days on the sidelines in a sold out Park, filled with world stars on the field for a championship on home soil.
It must be really tempting and hard to say no to.
nevertheless, it is what the Esbjerg coach Lars Olsen will do, if Åge Hareide give him a call and offer him to be Jon Dahl Tomassons replacement as a coach on the national team.
Åge Hareide has earlier told, that the Danish trainers, who are already in job may well be in the game.
Lars Olsen was an assistant under the Norwegian in denmark in the beginning of the millennium, and he knows the way to the EM-gold. As landsholdsanfører he lifted the first european championship trophy in 1992.
- I have enough to do in Esbjerg, as it looks at the moment. We are located in nedrykningsfare, and that he must try to see if he can't find another, says Lars Olsen, to Ekstra Bladet.
- But if Åge is calling, what will you say then?
- If Åge is calling, I will probably talk with him, but what I will say to him, that you don't get to know now.
- So you do not deny that you are saying yes?
- Yes, I will refuse, I say yes. I have enough to do in Esbjerg.
- Will you suggest a, he can choose?
- I don't think that I'm the right to answer. That you should probably ask him yourself.
- John ‘Faxe' said yes for a year and a half ago, where he was the trainer for vikarlandsholdet. It would be a good bid?
- Now, I can see that both Ekstra Bladet and B. T. has mentioned a lot of possible topics, and I think that all together is good bud.
Lars Olsen has enough to do with trænerjobbet in Esbjerg. Last season's bronzevindere is right now second to last in a League season, where all three clubs are relegated down.
at the same time, the start-up with Esbjerg for the next season to come tangle with Denmark's european championship-participation, if the when far at the finals.
Article continues below pictures...
Lars Olsen has plenty to see, with the trænerjobbet in Esbjerg. Photo: Jonas Olufson
Åge Hareide is on the hunt for a replacement for Jon Dahl. Lars Olsen will not, however. Photo: Jens Dresling
John 'Faxe' Jensen will be a more likely replacement. He is chefscout for Arsenal in Scandinavia and can probably combine assistentopgaven with the job in the Arsenal.
in addition, He has extensive experience in the trainer role, and was recently acquainted with the A-team, as he was in the forefront of vikarlandsholdet during the conflict in 2018.
the Hero from 1992, however, will neither deny or confirm interest in trænerjobbet at this summer's european championship finals.
- I will not talk about the situation, about the assistant coach, says John 'Faxe' Jensen to Ekstra Bladet.
Målhelten from the EM-final in the '92 is a possible candidate for the post of asisstenttræner on A team. Photo: Jonas Olufson
Åge Hareide had the Monday meeting with fodbolddirektør in DBU, Peter Møller.
- Who we talked about, to get In not to know, but we've found some candidates, says Åge Hareide to Ekstra Bladet.
on the question whether, when there is something new, the equivalent of Norwegian.
- Hopefully in the next week.
- Peter takes the contact to them, we have talked about. We have agreed on them, we must speak with, and then we shall see how it goes, says the national coach.
the Extra Leaf has a clear topkandidat to take over the post as assistant coach on the national team. Read much more about it RIGHT HERE.
Lars Olsen and John 'Faxe' Jensen is right now current in the TV 2 program 'Combative'. Olsen as coach, and Fax on the track. Here trainer, together with the other legends up for one last match. Photo: Jonas Olufson
Liverpool - 7. jan. 2020 - pm. 16:36 Liverpool is part historical agreement
Sport - 7. jan. 2020 - pm. 15:36 New DBU-boss in the blooper: Thought it was at Brøndby Stadium
Sports and Games Caroline overtaken: As much a servant of the Danish sports stars
Sports and Games Unique insight: the Pictures you usually don't see
Jon Dahl tells why he drop EM. Video: Jonas Olufson