After 65 years as a transportation hub has the last bus, maybe left Aarhus Bus station. Fear of an acute collapse of an old, leaky basement during the kørearealet led yesterday to the main bus terminal in the middle of the city was closed with immediate effect.
A recent ingeniørrapport over rutebilstationens technical condition and especially the underground parking facility concludes that there may be acute risk to the plant braces along with danger for human life.
It was the night of Wednesday, Aarhus Municipality's technical and environmental department to immediately require the whole of the area above and under the ground closed and sealed off for security reasons.
the Closure affects the interim both the local bus services, the regional routes in and out of the city, as well as langtursruter to f.ex. Copenhagen.
so far, the main bus station, regions located areas therefore operate according to a contingency plan, where all buses must use the area between the terminal and the Aarhus Street Food, which is housed in the Dsb mature busgarager.
On the bus ever again come in normal operation is highly uncertain.
- We can't say anything about how long it will take before passengers can once again use the Aarhus Bus station. It is impossible to say.
- There is also a part of development plans for the area to be included in the deliberations, said the administration's boss, Katrine Nyborg, in goes for the pin.dk.
the Extra Leaf runs on Wednesday randomly on the street I Winther (P), which directly asked evinces, that the municipality of about ten years has had a significant construction plans landscape for the six to seven-acre area.
the Report confirmed what we knew already. In a way you can say that the current situation comes a little unexpected, but also convenient, says I John.
- It is after all a very large and centrally located area, which now comes into play. And so will a brand new bus station will be moved slightly closer to the railway station, says I John.
the Barrier created in the beginning part of the confusion, however, as Wednesday progressed, they found most of the travelers back to their buses. Otherwise, was there to help a handful of yellow jackets in the form of busguides, as from the morning got busy with to show the way to the right bus.
- the Situation is new for all of us, but I think that the day is progressing fine, says busguide Maja Brøgger.
- compared to the chaos that could have been with hundreds of passengers, it has been a positive experience.
Just arrived from the opposite side of the Jutland land the 25-year-old Klaus Våcevik from Ringkøbing in the middle of a traffic meltdown. It he takes in stride.
- You sense that the atmosphere is a little chaotic. And I should really just find a bus out to my sister in Solberg, said the vestjyden.
Midtjyden Ole Holst from the Gl. Rye is also mellemlandet in Aarhus without ane boldly.
- I have actually lived in Aarhus for many years, but moved into the middle of the country. I can well understand that you will now close the old bus station and construction of a new building in the area. It will be good for the city, says Ole Holst.
***light rail does not tolerate frost
While traffic coalesced around the suddenly closed bus station, announced the Aarhus light rail yesterday that its electric-powered train is very sensitive to frost on the overhead wires.
The last nights of sub-zero temperatures have therefore put light rail out of service in several places. And it will happen again, every time the frost shows up, reads the sobering message from the old town open air museum kørecentral.
The cold autumn weather meant that hundreds of letbanebrugere on Wednesday morning had to find other way to get in and out of Aarhus.
at the same time, rushed to the line management to tell you that there is a solution on the way.
- We found out that ocl must be sprayed with glycol (anti-freeze, red.), it sounded yesterday from the old town open air museum director, Michael Borre.
He says that light rail in a few months, inserting a special vehicle that can hold ocl ice-free.