Large nazi theft: Now take the minister affair

The explanations in the stay case about the biggest theft of documents from the occupation certainly has not been impressive. that is How it sounds from the m

Ann McDonald
Ann McDonald
19 September 2019 Thursday 11:00
25 Reads
Large nazi theft: Now take the minister affair

The explanations in the stay case about the biggest theft of documents from the occupation certainly has not been impressive.

that is How it sounds from the minister of culture, Joy Mogensen (S), according to a new book, 'The missing nazidokumenter', dishes harsh accusations against The handling of the case.

'the Course with the changing explanations from the Danish national archives have certainly not been confidence-inspiring, as seen from my chair – and the accusations directed at the national archives, will follow up on. I have therefore asked the national archives for an explanation that can explain why you have said and done, which one has, and how the State assesses the safety of the archive.

When I have the statement, I share it with political parties, which I would think also wonder. I must be assured that the security of the State is improved, so something here is not going to be able to happen again,' says Joy Mogensen in a written comment.

Previously the State claimed in a statement to the ministry of Culture, that everything was in perfect order.

’It is the State's Archival assessment that the vast majority of the stolen archival materials thanks to the Copenhagen Police's active efforts in the summer and fall 2013 can be driven on their proper place.’

But in 'The missing nazidokumenter' provide evidence of the theft was far more extensive than has so far been promoting. And that many of the stolen items still missing from the national archives.

The deputy recognises, as also in the day, that it was not correct, since you previously claimed that virtually all of the stolen documents were secured:

- When we know what we know today, then it would have been nice, that we are not so categorically had said that we had got everything again. Now, when it a relatively short time after appeared, that this was not the case, says Ole Magnus Mølbak Andersen, to the newspaper Politiken.

the Book's author, Martin Q. Magnussen is certainly not impressed with The handling of tyverisagen:

– It cries to heaven, it has happened at the national archives, he says to Ekstra Bladet.

Just Martin Q. Magnussen discovered in 2012 by myself the two national archives-thieves in action. The subsequent year he has drilled itself deep down in it, which turned out to be a very extensive case.

Formally, the case was completed in the Copenhagen city Court 17. may 2013. Along the way, they had two suspects for the theft denied guilty. But on the first day confessed, " they both suddenly all the stores surprise.

the Punishment was, respectively, two years and one year and nine months in prison.

Updated: 19.09.2019 11:00
Comments

Warning!

You have to login for comment. If you are not a member? Register now.

Login Sign Up