MALMÖ (Ekstra Bladet): While a hærværksramt statue of Zlatan Ibrahimovic was about to be towed away by a crane in front of the Malmö FFs home, there were no signs of vandalism inside of the soccer club stadium.
Here breathed total peace and tranquility. In presselokalet was there to smiles, joy and handshakes, as Jon Dahl Tomasson, shortly after the controversial statue was removed, was presented as the new head coach of the Swedish traditionsklub.
The 43-year-old dane, who several times played against Zlatan Ibrahimovic, should not expect a statue, but he must in a hurry to get the Malmö-fans to love the kind of football he wants to play. The expectant Swedish fodboldhjerter he must win, if not, he suffers the same fate as the three predecessors in the job. They are all smoked out ahead of time.
Zlatan has been a public name to mention at the Swedish borders, because he has purchased a share in the rivals from Hammarby.
The largest Swedish fodboldnavn was also not mentioned with one word, as a smiling and pensive Jon Dahl Tomasson Sunday at noon was presented at a well-attended news conference in the Swedish topklub, who has not won the championship since 2017.
- I have spoken a lot with Åge Hareide of Malmö the last time. He was sorry that I had to stop the cooperation with him, but he said I should take the job, because Malmö FF is a really good club, he explains.
the Talks with Malmö FF has been going on for more than one month. And they have convinced Jon Dahl about the job is the right one, because there is a really good match between him and Malmö FF.
Jon Dahl Tomasson joining in the Malmö FF on Friday 10. January on a ongoing contract. Photo: Jonas Olufson.
We are a good fit together
- I think we fit really well together. We want the same things. We want to develop players, win games and play attractive football. I come with many of the ideas I have from the Netherlands. The experience I have with from the Dutch football and mentality, I am sure we can get the benefit of in Malmö, sweden, points out Jon Dahl Tomasson.
He has been at the stadium five times in the 2019 and therefore know more of the players in the squad. Although he is Danish, Malmö FF is not invaded by Danish players in the future.
- We are excited for the players we have. We need to have a good match of both their own talents and experienced players, points to the future head coach.
One of the main tasks will be to find a replacement for the veteran and klubikonet Markus Rosenberg, who has set career.
- We must have found a replacement for Mark, who was a very important player for Malmö. I know that the work is well underway, says he.
The new Malmö-coach sends a cocky suppository over the bridge to Copenhagen. Photo credit:
Suppository for FCK
At the presentation came Jon Dahl Tomasson with a powerful suppository to FC Copenhagen, who see themselves as football's lighthouse in the Nordic countries.
But watching the Malmö prospective coach certainly not on it.
- I am looking to work in Malmö FF, which historically is the largest football, he says with a small smile.
The announcement came in the wake of Malmö-the victory over the Danish rivals in december, where the 1-0 victory secured them puljesejren in the Europa League group stage.
Historically, the Malmö also marked a strong internationally. Not least in 1978, where Malmö FF lost the final of the European Cup european cup (Champions League) to Nottingham Forest.
But the club also stands with 20 Swedish league titles and 14 cup titles on the business card.
Jon Dahl Tomasson joining in the Malmö FF on Friday 10. January. The squad meets for the season's first workout Monday, 13. January.
Jon Dahl explains why he has chosen to drop EM in Denmark here:
Video: Jonas Olufson
Landsholdsfodbold - 5. jan. 2020 - pm. 12:33 By Jon Dahl-stop: Hareide must make the big decision
Scandinavia - 5. jan. 2020 - pm. 12:00 Jon Dahl Tomasson is the new head coach in Malmö FF
Sports and Games Caroline overtaken: As much a servant of the Danish sports stars