on Monday, the price of gasoline and diesel increased by 40 ¢ per. liter. It is due to the two oil facilities in Saudi Arabia on Saturday, was attacked and destroyed with the drones, which caused oil prices to rise by about 10 percent.
40 pennies per. litre might not sound like much, but this is it, inform retail director at DCC Energy, which operates Shell stations in Denmark, Søren Møller Maretti.
- It is definitely a big increase, especially in relation to that has happened in one day. If you look back the last few years, it is the largest increase I can remember in the last year in any case, he says.
- We must go back to the single events as for example the hurricane Harvey in 2017 or the gulf war in 1990 to find a similar price spikes in a single day. In a quiet week the price will usually fluctuate 10 ear.
After the price increase is the list price now at 12,69 of gasoline and 11,49 on the diesel.
the Article continues after the image ...
- the Development is very unpredictable in the coming hours and days, says retail director at DCC Energy Søren Møller Maretti. Photo: Martin Lehmann
Søren Møller Maretti can't say anything about whether the price will continue to rise.
- It depends on what happens with oil prices. If it continues upward, so the price will also rise, he says.
- We follow the market closely.