A new advertising from the SAS sends shock waves through the Danish people's party, Søren Espersen, who believe that the scandinavian airline 'spits on everything that is truly English'.
Therefore, DF's udenrigsordfører, that the government must go into the matter and put the SAS in place because the Danish state owns a share of the airline.
- I'm totally in atomchok of SAS, says Søren Espersen.
- the Government must say, that now it must be enough. The ministry of transport must give SAS a big røffel, so you never ever have to see something similar, he tells.
The red-hot DF'is due to a new kampagnevideo with the title 'SAS - What is truly Scandinavian?',
In the video you can see a number of images that exudes pure scandinavian idyll with pie, braids, sauce, and the design, while a voice asks:
- What is truly Scandinavian? (What is really scandinavian?, ed.)
- Absolutely nothing (Absolutely nothing, ed.), match the voice.
the Rest of the video debunks the ideas of how much of what we associate with Denmark, Norway and Sweden are not at all scandinavian.
Rye bread is Turkish, windmills were invented in Persia and even the sandwiches coming from the Netherlands. And how to get it in the video.
Morale in the 2 minutes and 42 seconds long video is that it inspires us to travel, and that we take it home, we like. And to Scandinavia on the way is brought here, piece by piece.
- I think it is a SAS, which spits on everything, which is the genuine Danish, real Swedish and genuine Norwegian. And they do it entirely with open eyes, for we should be ashamed of ourselves, says Søren Espersen.
- it Is not true just like with the vikings, we travel out and take the good stuff home with you?
- No, it is nonsense. I like pizza, but it has nothing to do with who we are and what we are proud of, says Søren Espersen.
the Danish people's udenrigsordfører have flown very much with SAS according to himself, but now goes it not longer. The pride is gone, it sounds.
- I want it bad to put me into an SAS aircraft on top of it here, and I think they have come to create problems for themselves, says Søren Espersen.
I have always used SAS much, but I will have a bad taste in the mouth, if I do it again, because they spit on us on the way, he explains.
Søren Espersen will, therefore, now any time head over to for example Norwegian, if it is possible. The same shock waves, however, goes not through the conservative Mette Abildgaard.
Not now have winter holiday mood to come. Is there anything factually wrong in their video?— Mette Abildgaard (@metteabildgaard) February 12, 2020
the Danish people's Party is, however, far from the only one who is angered over the SAS.
the Advertisement has put the internet's commentary in the boil. Apparently so much so that the SAS has been forced to remove the video from their YouTube channel and Facebook page.
the Video could be as late as Tuesday evening can be seen on their YouTube channel, but access to the link on Wednesday, you get a message that the video is unavailable, and that the video is private.
But the internet never forgets. Although the SAS even tried to delete the tracks from the video, other uploaded the on among others YouTube.
A version of the video on YouTube with over 11,000 views has measly 73 'thumps up' at 3800 'thumps down'. Users write angry comments like 'The here advertising to get me to get it bad', 'That we do not forget' and many are calling the video propaganda.
the Extra Leaf is in possession of the video, and you can see it at the top of the article.
I do not understand the SAS sends such a campaign on the street. Scandinavia has a good reputation globally, and a leading Democratic presidential candidate will even copy our model. Up with the head SAS; Scandinavia is worth to rejoice about #dkpol #dkmedier #sas https://t.co/AyW48w72SV— Peter Skaarup (@skaarup_df) February 12, 2020