the 48-year-old Ib Sørensen from the Nors at Thisted did not believe his own eyes when he cut the hole in the one and a half liter of apple juice-carton, of which his eldest son had already imbibed something of the.
- I would pour something up for myself, but when I gave it up, I could hear that there was something that rattled down there. So I opened the package completely to see what it was, says Ib Sørensen for Extra Magazine.
Down in apple juice-carton, which is of the brand Coop and purchased at a local Facts-business, was a square piece of mold-like growth equivalent to the size of the kartonens bottom.
- It is huge, it is because really disgusting, it's here, says Ib Sørensen, who initially chose to take back to the store and buy a new, similar carton of juice.
the apple juice, which the family purchased in a local Facts-business, has its expiration date 24-4-2020. Photo: Private/Ib Sørensen
- I thought that maybe it was a kind of vattæppe or something or other, which was supposed to be there. Therefore I bought a new one to check if it was the same down in the. But it was not there, so I wrote to Costco to complain about it, tells Ib Sørensen.
The 48-year-old vestjyde have sent pictures of juicekartonen for Extra Magazine, because he was not aware that it could happen, that it grew mold in the bottom.
- at Home, we dare not drink the juice more - and if we do, it must in any case be poured up in a jug. It is so disgusting, I have never experienced anything similar. There was otherwise, that it was at least durable to 24. april 2020. So I also felt it was important to make other consumers aware of it here, says familiefaren, who now regret, that he responded affejende, when his oldest son actually said that the juice tasted a little odd, since he was the first took a glass from the newly purchased card stock.
Photo: Private/Ib Sørensen
Photo: Private/Ib Sørensen
Ib Sørensen got the Wednesday response to his complaint from the Coop, who offered him a voucher of 75 kronor, and among other things wrote:
'We suspect that, unfortunately, has been a hole in the packaging, which can give rise to mold spores. The growth of mold, unfortunately can occur, if there has been a leak in the welds on the packaging, since it then becomes the access of air to the product, and thus also to the growth of the fx mold. The reason for a hole in the packaging can be due to a defect in the dairy, damage caused during transport or by shock and crack, as the cartons can get in the store or in the shopping basket'.
Particularly the last word clipped Ib Sørensen over, because he believes it suggests that the family itself has created the problem the day they bought the apple juice.
- I think they take very easy on it. All, the mold may well not just come on a week? And those 75 million, them they may well even keep, says Ib Sørensen.
See all the Coops response to the Ib Sørensen in the bottom of the article.
Coop: Mikrohul in the packaging
Ekstra Bladet has also contacted the Coop, which is the equivalent of an email message:
'The customer has been told is correct. The explanation as to why it happened is probably that there is a small mikrohul in the packaging, possibly caused by a mechanical injury, which can occur in rare cases.
if you suspect that more products should be nonconforming, shall, we, of course - as always in cases concerning. deviations/any risks of food - the Fda this for an assessment and, if necessary, a recall of the product.
We have not received any other complaints on this produktionsparti. If there is contamination (a contamination/a failure) in connection with the production and distribution, we would expect that a larger part of the lot was contaminated and we would have got several inquiries. Since it is not the case, we consider it to be an isolated case. We can only once again regret it.'
the Coops response to Ib Sørensen's complaint. Photo: Private/Ib Sørensen