a week ago started the Slots and the Danish agency for culture working to ensure the Amalienborg castle square towards the attack against the crowd of vehicles.
13 bollards in each of the slotspladsens inputs and outputs to ensure there can be cars and trucks in between the buildings, where the royal family have their copenhagen residence.
- It happens on the basis of a report from the PET in 2017. They have, in the light of the events that have been abroad, recommended that the space is secured. We have done the same at several other places around in Copenhagen - among other things, in front of Christiansborg, " says Palle Kristoffersen, who is the project manager for the fuse.
the Work is expected to be completed before the Queen's birthday 16. april.
See also: Fear of terror: Now, Amalienborg guaranteed
The middle bollards could be lowered so that the royal family and others who have valid errands in the palace square can come in and out, as they usually do.
- the Garden will be able to go as of today and there will continue to be able to running coaches in and out of the palace, but the crowd will be bolstered by events like birthdays and that kind of thing, " says Palle Kristoffersen, who call the fuse a prerequisite for that in the future will be able to get very close to the castle walls.
There are a total of 52 bollards to ensure the Amalienborg Slotsplads. Photo: the palaces and the Danish agency for culture
Former PET chief Hans Joergen Bonnichsen said earlier in the day to Ekstra Bladet, that it is both too bad and weird, that you choose to ensure the palace square.
- Amalienborg castle in copenhagen is with its traffic, a symbol of peace and harmony, as Denmark stands for. By making such a Fort Knox-sends a signal that we are in danger, and that it is only matter of minutes before the bombs raining down on us. It is really a strange and unfortunate signal to send.
Danish royal - 10. sep. 2019 - at. 09:24 PET-head on moreover: Weird and annoying
Work with a total of 52 bollards is to be completed 1. april 2020. The two brolæggere Martin and Tommy think it is a fine idea.
- It is surely necessary to take care of her in there. And at the same time, there is a completely new cobblestones on the square, and it makes very good sense, says Tommy, while he hammers the large cobbles in the soil.
the Work progresses. Photo: Linda Johansen.
Her Majesæt Queen Margrethe rolls to the tourist, the jubilation over the Amalienborg castle in copenhagen in the Large Crown, a Rolls-Royce built in 1958 and acquired by Frederik d.9.
the Queen in kongekronen. Photo: Mats Magnussen
When the Queen is away, the more private cars and taxis in the same way. Even though it is only 'arbejdskørsel to the castle', which is allowed, is the palace square a popular and attractive loophole for many.
Several drivers see also surprised, since they are confronted with the rules of the road on the spot. It can be hard to see, but outside of Amalienborg, the royal palace, it appears on a small blue sign that it is on a pedestrian street.
the Sign shows that it is forbidden to drive on the palace square. Photo: Linda Johansen.
the Hauler Mohammad Jakoby is one of the many who use the square as a transit.
- I did not know that it was illegal to run through here, but then it's probably very good that they put some barrier up, says Mohammad Jakoby.
Mohammad Jacoby in his taxi. Photo: Linda Johansen.
But the drivers ' excuse buyer Palle Kristoffersen not:
- When you are in traffic, follow the signs. So you could say that we're now doing a physical version of the rules that always existed, " says Palle Kristoffersen, while he disappointed look at the many cars driving through.
Here is a skolevogn on the way to the Amalienborg Slotsplads. Photo: Linda Johansen
What it's going to cost to follow the PETs recommendation of the security of the palace square, must projektchefen not to say anything about it.
- It is quite normal that when it is about safety, then kept the price secret for safety reasons, he says.