From both sides of the Parliament there will now demand that the government and Helle Thorning-Schmidt explains why she must hunt down tax havens-bandits.
the Extra Leaf has on Thursday revealed that the former prime minister having directorships in two companies in the tax havens in Jersey. And she even have a stake in one of the companies.
- She makes life exceptionally difficult for themselves. You should keep the beard and snot for themselves. It works as a toxic construction, says Karsten Hønge, poltisk rapporteur for the SF.
- do you Think the government has done well to set her to this job, when she is operating from tax havens?
- I Wonder whether the government really have known it. I expect that they do not have. It is a toxic cocktail. You must not weaken its own credibility and impartiality.
Karsten Hønge requires in the first place, that the ex-prime minister gets mouth slipped, and provides an explanation of its activities in Jersey, one of the world's most aggressive tax havens, which is located in The English Channel.
Helle Thorning-Schmidt to stand up and explain and clarify what is up and down in it here. It must she. She must pick up the phone when journalists call. Maybe she has a good explanation. She must in any case make up, when she has a public office.
From the Danish people's Party sits group chairman Peter Skaarup also wondering back.
- In a time where there is so much focus on fraud and humbug in the areas of Tax and, in certain businesses, amazes me that the government sets a person, who is the co-owner of a skattelyselskab for this task. It is like putting the fox to guard the geese, he says.
- I will now ask the government what they think is the logic in it here. First, we have a permanent secretary in the Tax, which is taken in to have unorganized labour, who do not live up to the Danish rules. And now identifies as a former prime minister, who is the co-owner of a skattelyselskab to be the treasure hunter. How can it be that you are so extremely emsig over for the danes, who are going to do a little bit of wrong, while the people at the very top have mess things up?
Helle Thorning-Schmidt should stay for good to take such a post when there are so a black cloud over her in the form of a skattelyselskab.
- We must have an answer in the Parliament. Helle Thorning-Shcmidt is certainly clever - it here enough just not the right job for her, says the group chairman.
the Unity udenrigsordfører, Eva Flyvholm, finds:
- It is obvious, that if you must fight against tax havens, so it is not the world's best idea to have activities that are located in tax havens.
- As a minimum you can expect, it is something that must be stopped immediately, " she says.
Neither Helle Thorning-Schmidt or the foreign minister, Jeppe Kofod is turned back on the Extra Blade's repeated requests for interview.
the Ministry of foreign affairs, which has appointed Helle Thorning-Schmidt at the request of the UN, renounce responsibility for the fact that Helle Thorning-Schmidt make up to the interview.
also See: Gets the bold entry: From the phone hacking enquiry to the treasure hunter