For the summer can pensioners to the east of the great belt no longer avail themselves of the popular discount card mimrekortet.
It is clear, after the association of public transport companies in the east of denmark DOT shortly before christmas sent a note to Transportation and ministry of housing, where it appears that the card is being phased out and instead replaced with a digital alternative.
Mimrekortet is a physical card, which gives pensioners the opportunity to run with public transport on Zealand and Sydhavsøerne to a particularly favorable and, not least, fixed price.
instead, the latter offered a pensionistrabat of 40 per cent on each journey, when they use rejsekortet or 25 percent on the purchase of a commuter passes.
See also: Popular discount card disappear
But the solution has got a number of pensioners in the metropolitan area of the upholstered armchairs.
the Change means that the pensioners who run the most in the bus, train and metro can look forward to a hefty increase in price.
One of them is 79-year-old Dan Sterup from Hillerød, denmark.
- I am going to get less out.
once A week to teach the former secondary school teacher other older people in it in a datastue in Emdrup.
Therefore, he takes four times a month the trip back and forth from home in Hillerød, denmark to datastuen in Copenhagen with public transport. Dan Sterup has a mimrekort that apply to all zones in the Movia Capital.
How to get the new discounts
today, the discount is granted to the pensioners in the eastern denmark via the special pensionistkort. Popularly called pensionskortene mikrekort.
Mimrekortet costs between 420 - 840 and provides three months access to the three coherent zones or a completely takstområde distributed on the Movia Capital, Movia West and Movia South.
From 1. June will mimrekortene be replaced with 40 percent pensionistrabat on all one-way flights on travel, also on cross-takstområderne.
Similarly, will the retirees get a 25 percent discount on commuter passes.
the Abolition of the mimrekortet will, according to the transport companies in the association, the DOT's calculations either mean higher or lower revenue for the companies behind.
Mimrekortet can not be used in peak hours. It can pensioners in the future with the new discounts.
According to the Ældresagen using the 70,000 pensioners in the day of mimrekortet.
the Card costs 595 dollars for three months. For the price can he run nine double trips between home and datastuen. Therefore a lack of he with the new system to finance the three-day shuttle service back and forth.
- in Addition the private tours I also take, says Dan Sterup.
He fears that he will after the summer holidays can no longer teach his fellow-pensioners in Emdrup.
- It seems totally incomprehensible that you should begin to change on it here. It is a disaster for us, " he says.
- At the moment considering I'm not at all, whether I should take the bus or train. But I will probably get to cut down on the and what about those who cannot cope with this digitization? It works uigennemtænk, says a clearly frustrated Dan Sterup.
He is far from alone.
All the pensioners Ekstra Bladet met on the street Friday afternoon, was dissatisfied with the prospect of Rejsekortet and pendlerkortet with discount take over mimrekortets role.
- It is too bad. I use the card several times daily, but with the new system it becomes too expensive for me. I take, for example, often a spontaneous trip out and go for a walk by the water, but the freedom I get to to lose. It means incredibly much to me. In addition, it becomes harder to put in a budget when the price per month is no longer fixed.
Photo: Klaus Bo
- It is really too bad, for it has given me a lot of opportunities, which is easier and faster when you have the card. It's going to go beyond mobility. I use it a lot with my friends, to just ’run away,’ on the trips, as we suddenly find on the can be exciting. It is simply just sour.
Photo: Klaus Bo
- It is a pity for many of the pensioners. There is, after all, many of the elderly who have problems with digital solutions. I have not myself, but I know that it applies to many others. In addition, it is unsustainable for a retired person, that may come unexpected expenses, when you need to pay for each trip. Why can't we get a fixed price, which we can relate to?