the general Election in June was a disaster for the Liberal Alliance, which lost nine seats and several profiles.
Since came udmeldelser of the party from the profiles of Simon Emil Ammitzbøll-Beetle and Christina Egelund, as well as the long-standing vice-president, Mai Christiansen.
Now the Danish parliament's smallest party, will be pleased that another well-known name looking for back and will help to raise the profile of the LA.
Former minister of education Merete Riisager announces itself as a candidate to replace Leif Mikkelsen as the national chairman of the Liberal Alliance next spring, when the party holds national congress.
- I'm running for landsformandsposten, because I believe that right now is more of a need for Liberal Alliance than ever, she says in a press release.
- Systempartierne must have battle to the line. Denmark was rich, safe and well-functioning through the enterprise, associations and freedoms, and the Liberal Alliance plays an important role in the fight for this golden recipe.
- I want to help Alex, Ole and Henrik by merging the liberal hinterland of this task, says Merete Riisager with reference to the LA's three remaining members of the Danish Parliament, Alex Vanopslagh, Ole Birk Olesen and Henrik Dahl.
the Danish policy - 24. oct. 2019 - at. 14:21 LA bleed: Lars hesitates
the Liberal Alliance went at the general election 5. June back from 13 to four mandates. Out of the thing smoke, among others, party leader Anders Samuelsen, Joachim B. Olsen and Christina Egelund. Recently went to Simon Emil Ammitzbøll-Beetle so of their own volition.
Merete Riisager had already in October last year announced that she is not reworked at the elections.
The then minister of education, who was elected to Parliament in 2011, justified its decision with the fact that she would try something else and get more time for the family.
Her decision to would be the national chairman of the Liberal Alliance, arouses joy in the party, after Leif Mikkelsen has wanted to go on the pension.
- There were a great many in the Liberal Alliance hinterland, it was sad to lose such a strong profile as Merete, at the time she chose to say goodbye to politics.
- Therefore, we are very happy that she has chosen to stand for to stand in the forefront of our organisation, says chairman Ole Birk Olesen.
It is the members of landsmødet next spring, choose the next national chairman.