the Mood in Skagen is angry and excited, after unknown perpetrators on the night between Friday and Saturday, capped an otherwise protected the dune on-site restaurant.
It tells Birgit S. Hansen (S), who is the mayor of Frederikshavn Municipality, and which warn against the even to guess away at who has committed the dune-the havoc.
- Many playing detectives, and it can be in a good sense, but we must also take care folkedommen and not shoot citizens a motive in the shoes.
the Vandalism a took place at the famous black vippefyr, where approximately 2,000 square feet of the dune area is peeled off. Probably with a shovel attachments, which has pushed the sand down on the beach.
A shovel attachments have the night to Saturday, the cape klittoppene of a nearly 100 m wide area at Skagen Sønderstrand. Photo: Søren Schnoor / Ritzau Scanpix
the Motive for the crime is unclear, and the dune-skamferingen are now arrived at the police board.
- We should leave the investigation to the police, but it all provides a pressure atmosphere, says the mayor.
the Mayor guesses that the anger and the indignation, which she brands from both skagboer and people from the rest of the country, due to the offender's lack of respect for nature.
- I think it's about an inherited respect for our coasts and fredninger as well as so many memories and stories that are attached to the Sønderstrand beach and Vippefyret, she explains.
the Dca oversees the protected dune and beach areas in several places in Denmark, and here you have now chosen to go into the matter.
- We are looking at the case now and decide what needs to be done. As a rule, dune restoration, as it was. It is not the first time people have taken matters into their own hands and have changed the terrain in a protected area, said områdechef, Hans Erik Cutoi-Toft, in an email to the Danish newspaper Jyllands-Posten.
Minister for the environment Lea Wermelin, from the Social democrats considers the matter deeply unacceptable.
- It is important that we take a sharp distance from it, and I can only urge anyone with information to contact the police. I'm really glad that you acted quickly from the municipality and have reviewed it with the same, says Lea Wermelin for TV2.
the Chairman of the Parliamentary legal affairs Committee, Preben Bang Henriksen from the Left, urging the minister to account for the penalty in such cases.
- I have a feeling that in these situations only provided very small fines. It may in given case be clear to anyone that such a punishment did not have any preventive and deterrent effect. If this is the case, as I fear, should the law be changed, says Preben Bang Henriksen for TV2.
in addition to the fine may be perpetrators - if they exist - look forward to a compensation claim for the restoration of nature.