One of Kevin Magnussens favorite movies as a child was ‘Days of Thunder’ with Tom Cruise scores both triumphs in Nascar and a botox-free Nicole Kidman.
As a prelude to hjemmebanegrandprixet for the dane's us team got the Danish racing driver and his colleague Romain Grosjean the chance to unleash their inner Cole Trickle loose in a Nascar racer at the Circuit of the Americas.
Usually bored to Formula 1-the riders on the cape on Thursday, which is set by the to media and sponsor work.
But that was NOT the case in Texas. When playing with 850 horsepower is part of the chores, they like to up ...
After a little bit of instructions from Nascar legend Tony Stewart, was drengerøvene unleashed.
Again and again Haas-the duo, despite their clashes on the pitch emphasized that their relationship is fine.
Show-rounds stressed their point, for they jumped willingly into the passenger seat, when it was the colleague's turn to sit behind the wheel.
A Formula 1 racer brakes at 90 meters in the first turn at COTA. Romain Grosjean pulled it to the limit from the first place. Photo: Haas F1 Team
In a Formula 1 racer brakes Romain Grosjean later than most, which was just becoming too much for his Danish passenger.
- He had it displayed fine, when I ran, but when I hopped in with him ... Well, directly from the pitboksen braked he accurately so late, as you could check in the first turn. I was sure that we would run by, say Kevin Magnussen.
- But it was good lir. He kept at least not again, laughs the dane.
Only Romain Grosjean was allowed to make the donuts. Photo: Haas F1 Team
I drove it first, so he asked me to help with making the donuts, so there was a little deck back, which was fair enough, says Magnussen. Photo: Peter Fox/AFP/Ritzau Scanpix
Romain Grosjean just shook his head by the critics.
He was scared for no reason. I could see it on him. What was wrong with still having the gas on that? We came around, smiles.
Jan Magnussen is the only dane who has run Nascar. It was a single race in 2010 and a lot of admonitions to his son.
- Each time I have spoken with my father in the last six years, he has said, that you need to slow down already at 300 metres and really talked it down, so I braked at 300, and the brakes so fine. I know not what he is used to. So bad it was not, says Kevin Magnussen.
the Majority of Nascar races were run on the ovalbaner, but two are on the 'regular' race tracks. Not, however, 'the Circuit of The Americas' Photo: MARK THOMPSON/AFP/Ritzau Scanpix
Nascar-the team was founded in 2002 by Gene Haas as Haas CNC Racing.
Tony Stewart switched to the team in 2009 against 50% ownership and won his third and final Nascar title for Stewart-Haas in 2011.
The american part of the Haas Formula 1 team has a base together with the Nascar team in North Carolina.
the Rounds were for fun, and a pure publicity stunt. There are no current plans to allow F1 drivers to participate in Nascar races.
See also: Red Bull's big rate
See also: Thank you for the adventure, Kevin
--------- SPLIT ELEMENT ---------When the Formula 1 is over: Kevin's wish list
- I have always thought that Indycar was cool, says the dane, as the general is happy to be in the UNITED states. In contrast to many of his F1 colleagues, he has no problems with ovalbaner.
- I would like to run Le Mans, Daytona and the Indy 500. I think that when I am finished with Formula 1, so I get a period when should I try all sorts of other things. Just because I have a passion for racing.
the Starting point is the big class, but the dream is still a day to run a big race along with Jan Magnussen, which in this case would be in the GT-class.
I would love to drive Nascar, but I don't think I have any entries to it.
You could argue that with Gene Haas’ phone number on the cell phone there was a chance.
Sports and Games Debriefing from Mexico: Steiner's cunning plan
Sports and Games 100 races-jubilaren status: My best memories
Sports and Games Free framework at Haas: - as long As they don't do something stupid