1.January is equal to the annual nytårstaffel with the queen at Amalienborg palace. Already in the 1600s, the royal nytårskure referred to as the 'old custom'. Therefore, there are a number of ethics, which must be complied with, when the guests consisting of the whole government and the country's top officials show up.
Many of the government ministers have tried it before, but there are also some noobies (untested) in the flock. Among other things, housing minister Kaare Dybvad.
Danish royal - 10. sep. 2019 - at. 18:01 How to get secured Amalienborg palace to see outside
- I have prepared myself along with my wife. We have seen in the past tafler together. Otherwise, I have been in a very classy men's store and got dedicated to me a suit for the occasion.
- But I am. I'm not nervous. Anyway I can as well notice, that I think a lot of the labels, so I'm not doing anything deliberate. I have asked my colleagues in relation to the preparation. The tradition surrounding the event is very formal, so I look forward to that experience. But yes, I have a little nerves, he says.
Also the minister of the environment Lea Wermelin is the debutant of the year:
I hope then, that it's going to go really well. Now I followed along with my ministerkollega Mogens Jensen, and he has much more experience than someone like me. So on the way in the car I get just some advice for the traditional labels, she says.
- I look also forward to meeting the queen and praising her for her speech, which I think was really nice, because she had so much emphasis on the green. But I also fear to be a bit clumsy, for I can well tend to. And so, I've had a hard time getting by with snuen, so I'm struggling even with a little cold like her, tell Lea Wermelin.
See also: a Cold new year's speech: the Queen lacked the edge
- of course I have thought much about the dress. And now as we enter a new decade, I would like to mark it with, that it must be a green decade. Therefore, I have made a dress from used tablecloths, which have been tailored to a ball gown. They have been used for two seasons at a restaurant, but now I have got pleasure from them, says Lea Wermelin.
Education and forskningsminister Ane Halsboe-Jørgensen is not at all nervous:
- Well it is a night, which is experienced by only a few. I am simply lucky that I get to be with this intimate arrangement.
- I'm actually not nervous, no. Of course, it would the worst be if I botched it, but I think that it's going to go quietly. I have tried to exert myself to the Gala A, tells the Ane Halsboe-Jørgensen.
And as most of you probably noticed in the queen's new year speech was Margrethe slightly cold. But it's not going to mean anything to this year's nytårstaffel. It tells the royal family's press office.