Nothing is official yet, but multiple media - among other cyclingnews.com - establishes as a matter of fact, that the cycling team Israel Cycling Academy have purchased the license for the World Tour, as the Russian billionaire Igor Makarov so far have driven Katusha-Alpecin with.
Katusha team in other words, it swallowed up by the israeli prokontinentalhold and disappear from the professional field. Israel Cycling Academy, which has the billionaire Sylvan Adams in the back, buyer to return for a ticket to the Tour de France and other storløb.
Yesterday the deal in order, will Israel Cycling Academy from the new year will have at least one Danish rider in the squad, namely the Mads Würtz Schmidt, who has a contract with Katusha-Alpecin in 2020. Contractual obligations follows the license, why he and 10 other current Katusha riders are guaranteed a job at the team that takes over the license.
Mads Würtz Schmidt in the blue jersey during the Around Denmark in august. After the race he felt burned out after a long, hard season, and he has reported from the WORLD cup in the next week. Photo: Ernst van Norde.
- I'm pretty happy with the fact that something happens radically, for it is no secret that this year has been damn good on the Katusha-Alpecin, says Mads Würtz Schmidt to Ekstra Bladet. The young dane, who took the Danish Tour-population by storm during this year's Tour with opportunistic drive and even to interviews after the stages.
- I have heard nothing from the team about a takeover or a merger but from the other sides of the agents and others in the cykelmiljøet - I hear only that it's all pointing in the direction of the israeli team takes over.
- I think that Katusha is at a standstill, so change is needed, says Mads Würtz Schmidt.
During this year's Tour de France follow it with rumors about the team's future, as it transpired that Igor Makarov was tired of pouring money into the team and wanted to dispose of it. When it was clear that the Katusha-Alpecin were a team without a solid foundation.
Now, from all indications, Mads Würtz Schmidt is going to be included in an organization, as only in a few seasons have run in the professional field. He problem is, however, no danger that he moves from evil to worse by switching to a team with a limited routine.
Mads Würtz Schmidt at DM-landevejsløbet in June in Esbjerg. He has now set his season after having suffered a knee injury in the Tour of Britain. Photo: Ernst van Norde.
- It worries me not. I had hoped that there would be one or another form of amalgamation with another team, so that could get replacements in the staff and be a lot of new things, says Mads Würtz Schmidt.
- I'm really quite positive about it here, if it gets to something. My team needs to get some new people into the top of the hierarchy, and a new culture.
- There must be changes from time to time, and the management, there are on the Katusha now, has been there for many years and makes, as it used to be.
- the Team is not kept up with the development in the sport, and I hope that the new people to change things for the better, says Mads Würtz Schmidt.
Katusha manager José Azevedo recently announced Cyclingnews.com he's leaving his post after this season, although the team should be powered on in one form or another.
See also: 22-year-old dane in the big triumph
See also: Big change for Denmark Around
See also: Bjarne Riis rejects the love story: - It was new
Cycling - 29. christmas. 2019 - at. 09:59 Dane-drama on the final stage: - Fool
Cycling - 28. christmas. 2019 - at. 06:38 An era has ended: Lars Bak set his career