DBU president Jesper Møller has a vision to get EM for women and at the same time be a part of the WORLD cup finals for the women in 2027, but it requires a stadium with a capacity of 50,000 spectators.
And he sees the Park as the obvious place for an on - or expansion of the capacity.
Currently, there is not a stadium with 50,000 seats in Denmark, and it is the question if there ever comes a stadium with so great a capacity.
For right now is the need not great for sporting events with the capacity. Preliminary landskampen against Switzerland has been the only event in 2019, which could be sold more tickets than they 37.000, there is space for in the Park.
An extension of the Park is certainly not at the top of the agenda at the Park's chairman of the board, Bo Rygaard.
- We have not had a focus on the capacity of the Park, but in return has been about to make the Park a part of a living environment in Copenhagen.
- We are only going to redevelop the Park, if it is economically sustainable. It makes no sense for us to make so great a great investment, if it is not profitable. At the same time, there must be a need for a bigger stadium, " says Bo Rygaard Extra Magazine.
- But now we sit to discuss the visions, as Jesper Møller. We are ready to listen to wishes, and we are pleased that Jesper Møller has mentioned the Park in this context. I totally agree that it doesn't make any sense to build a new stadium, points out Bo Rygaard.
In many ways it looks like a project uphill for Jesper Møller, who is likely to bury his dreams of big finals in denmark.
Yussuf Poulsen was the match winner in the Park, as Denmark won 1-0 over Switzerland. The park is also the future home of the national team. Photo. Jens Dresling Polfoto.
on Wednesday, it was clear that the Danish national team continues to play the biggest matches in the Park. In the period from the autumn of 2020 and up to the summer of 2022 must be played seven-eight matches in the Park. The rest is going to take place at other arenas around the country.
It is the result of the licensing round, as the DBU has had, especially Brøndby has been in fierce competition with the Park.
- We are pleased that the national team continues in the Park, where they also belong. I could not see, for me the national team play the big games in other places, the points to Bo Rygaard.
Åge Hareide and Christian Eriksen exults after the triumph against Switzerland. DBU wants a stadium with room for 50,000 spectators, but it is not immediately in the Park's plans to expand the stadium. It must in any case be sustainable in both climatically and economically. Photo: Lars Poulsen.
It was the total package that was essential to the DBU selected Park's future home.
- Brøndby came with a nice offer. But the total package from the Park with the framework, which is in connection with the landskampene, was essential. We hope for many more matches with the plus 30.000 spectators in the Park, says Kenneth Reeh, who is acting director of the DBU.
He hopes in the course of the next six years to submit a report to DBU's board of directors in relation to the visions of getting a stadium with a capacity of 50,000.
In the process that is gone in time, Kenneth Reeh and administration also look at the possibility of a national training centre, where landsholdene can work out ahead of the fighting.
- We have been in the Netherlands for a look at their model. It is very inspiring. We could well imagine a training facility on the island of Zealand, where all our national teams can train prior to the landskampene, says Kenneth Reeh.
See also: DBU's big-stadium: Where should the money come from?
Sports and Games Brøndby and the Park turned on the national team
See also: DBU will establish national stadium with room for 50,000