Close to dying: Popcorn stuck between his teeth

The 41-year-old Adam Martin, who works as a firefighter in the city of Coverack in Cornwall in England, has vowed that he will never, ever eat popcorn again.

Close to dying: Popcorn stuck between his teeth

The 41-year-old Adam Martin, who works as a firefighter in the city of Coverack in Cornwall in England, has vowed that he will never, ever eat popcorn again.

Ann McDonald
Ann McDonald
08 January 2020 Wednesday 15:00
9 Reads
Close to dying: Popcorn stuck between his teeth

The 41-year-old Adam Martin, who works as a firefighter in the city of Coverack in Cornwall in England, has vowed that he will never, ever eat popcorn again.

Adam was last year close to losing his life, when he would remove some popcorn that was stuck between his teeth. Adam tried to remove the small piece of popcorn between the teeth, but got a severe blood infection which led to inflammation in the heart and destroyed his heart valves. The doctors explained to Adam that he could be dead, if he had waited three more days to go to the doctor.

It writes multiple media, including Cornwall Live, Mirror and Metro.

Adam, who works as a firefighter, have it in the day much better. But he was so close to dying. Photo: Ritzau Scanpix

The unfortunate history of the hotel started in september 2019, when Adam, along with his wife, Helen, shared a bag of popcorn while they were watching a movie. Here put a piece of popcorn stuck between the teeth at the back of his mouth. Adam was almost about to be insane in three days, and he tried to remove the small piece of popcorn with, among other things, a toothpick and a metalnål.

Adams efforts to remove the small piece of popcorn created the bleeding of the gums and thereby received the bacteria from the mouth to penetrate into his circulation.

Just a week after we started Adam to get the sweats, headaches and hjerteflimmer, there are some of the symptoms of the deadly disease hjertebetændelse. Then went with Adam to the doctor and was diagnosed with this disease, who also had already destroyed his heart valves.

the Doctors told me that I had been dead, if I had waited to go to the doctor for a further three days, " explains Adam, who subsequently underwent a heart surgery that saved his life.

- most die when they have a infektionstal at 350. My talk was on the 340 when I was hospitalized, " explains Adam, and adds:

- If I had gone to the dentist with the same, I would have avoided the terrible disease. It is the worst experience I have had in my life.

The 41-year-old Adam Martin is the father of three, Megan, 15, And Holly, 14, and George, a seven-year. After the operation, he came out, fortunately, relatively fast and have it in the day much better.

I knocked on the door to death. And I have been very lucky.

- But one thing is certain. I should never, ever eat popcorn again, says Adam.

. Adam shared some popcorn the same with his wife, while they saw a movie. And so it went otherwise wrong. Photo: Ritzau Scanpix













Updated: 08.01.2020 15:00
Comments

Warning!

You have to login for comment. If you are not a member? Register now.

Login Sign Up