Danish tourists on the southern east coast in the UNITED states must prepare itself for the hurricane Dorian Sunday, hitting Florida with 200 kilometres an hour.
Community - 30. aug. 2019 - at. 04:47 Trump warns of 'absolute monster'
In the u.s. state of Florida makes you ready for what, according to NBC News may very well be the strongest hurricane in 27 years.
Therefore, warns the foreign ministry's Citizen service now danes in the area on Twitter, and calls on them to closely monitor the developments towards 1. september, when Dorian hits.
USA/FLORIDA: Hurricane Dorian is expected to hit Florida in the course of the 1. and 2. september 2019. Follow local authorities ' instructions. Keep yourself updated via https://t.co/6svi9tmB3K— foreign ministry Consular (@UMBorgerservice) August 30, 2019
Download our free app Rejseklar and sign up Danskerlisten.
on the Night of Friday was Dorian upgraded to a category 2 hurricane, but american meteorologists expect this to be a category 4-hurricane, as going ashore along the Florida coast on Sunday.
- It will be a big, bad and heavy storm. Wherever it hits, it will be with the catastrophic devastation, says meteorologist Bill Karins of NBC News.
the FACTS: learn more about orkaners strength
There are five levels of the so-called Saffir-Simpson scale:
* Category 1 has wind speeds of 32,5-42,4 m in second.
* Category 2 has wind speeds of 42,5-48,9 m in second.
* Category 3 has wind speeds of 50,0-57,9 meters per second. All hurricanes of category 3 and above has wind speeds, described as extremely dangerous for the fields as they pass.
* Category 4 has wind speeds of 58,0-68,9 meters per second.
* Category 5 has wind speeds in excess of 69,0 meters per second. Hurricanes of this strength are rare, and there is talk of an extremely violent hurricane.
Ritzau,Show more Close
In the state of Georgia has governor Brian Kemp on Thursday declared a state of emergency prior to the hurricane arrival.
All the while, president Trump cancelled his state visit to Poland, in order to be in Washington, so he is 'ready to act', when the hurricane goes in the country.
- It can be an absolute monster, says the president on Thursday in a video on her Twitter profile.
the Article continues under the picture ...
An inhabitant of the city of Orlando scouting in vain for water on empty shelves in a supermarket. Photo: Gerardo Mora/Ritzau Scanpix
While the authorities are preparing for the hurricane about to shut down airports and airfields, making the citizens of Florida is also ready for two days of hurricane-ravages.
Therefore, it can be Friday in several places in the state to see long queues at petrol stations and empty shelves in the supermarkets. Pictures shows how the people come out to their cars with hoards of stuffed vanddunke.
David Sanchez experienced two years ago hurricane Irma, which also affected Florida. Therefore, he keeps on Friday in line at the local gas station in Fort Meyers.
We were left with no electricity for almost 13 days, so this time I will be prepared, he says to NBC News.
In the 1992 hit hurricane Andrew Florida. It left 44 dead people and damages of hundreds of millions of dollars.
Long queues at petrol stations in the state of Florida on Friday. Photo: Gerardo Mora/Ritzau Scanpix