Straight from the news about Ari Behns demise reached the public in 1. on christmas day, there has been complete openness about both his mental state and the cause of death.
The 47-year-old ex-husband of Norwegian princess Märtha Louise chose tragically to take his own life at christmas 2019.
Now tells his bereaved parents, Marianne Behn and Olav Bjørshol, more details from their son's untimely death.
– Ari was a well-known person. We chose to say it, as it was not to create speculations - and with the hope of being able to help others, says Marianne Behn at the Norwegian See and Hear, that exclusive has interviewed Ari Behns parents.
It was the author and the artist his own father, who found him dead. It tells Olav Bjørshol to See and Hear.
- It was me that found him. Today I am incredibly grateful that I was with him, says Olav Bjørshol to the week magazine.
He also tells that Ari Behn does not died lonely.
It was supposed to Behn would have celebrated christmas at the Norwegian monarchy, together with his three daughters, Emma Tallulah, Leah Isadora and Maud Angelica, but it was cancelled. Ari Behn felt too uncomfortable to take part in the royal christmas, and the plan was amended to, that he should celebrate the feast with his own parents in Larkollen.
Also the level of smoke in the sink. Ari Behn chose to be at home in Lommedalen, and therefore chose his father to visit his son instead. Olav Bjørshol was with Ari Behn on both christmas eve and 1. christmas day.
- Ari was not alone when he chose to finish the life. It seemed as if Ari had found a sales ro the last days, says Olav Bjørshol.
Marianne Behn sent a few days after his son's death a touching greeting to him on Facebook:
'My dear beloved Mikis'. It was not the darkness that took you ... it was the light that came to you in the meeting', she writes in the advertisement, where she is also sharing a picture of herself and Ari Behn.
Ari Behn was 3. January buried from the cathedral in Oslo. Here his oldest daughter, 16-year-old Maude Angelica, a beautiful and very touching speech for his father.
today I speak to you, and I tremble enough also a little on the hands. I should have given you this drawing as a christmas present. I worked on it for at least ten hours, and while I drew, I thought of how much I love you and how excited I was to see your reaction. But I will never be able to see your pleasant smile and your kind eyes again, she said, among other things.
Although the voice snapped, and the tears pressed on in a degree, so she had to have a comforting hand from the mother, talked to Maud Angelica is also open and the urges of the demons his father fought with.
Intl. royal - 3. jan. 2020 - pm. 16:15 Touching farewell with Ari Behn: Love you for always, father
– You have been mentally ill for many years, and it has been difficult for us children, she said, and came with an invitation to all:
– I will say to everyone who goes through this, there is always a way out, even though it doesn't feel that way. There are people out there who can help. You can get help. I ask you with all my heart, my soul and body; ask for help. It is never a shame. It is a strength, she said, before she on her own and the girl's behalf ended with the words:
– We love you, father. You are a glittering diamond.
Princess Märtha Louise and Ari Behn were married from 2002 to 2016.
Intl. royal - 4. jan. 2020 - pm. 10:55 Märtha Louise breaks the silence: - No one can replace you, Ari?