A transition was the start of a superb period of time for Brøndby.
Five wins in a row, a scorer on a 14-4 and a proof that scoringsstimen is intact in the Area. The goals come pouring in.
in turn, have transition put a stopper on the defensive. Brøndby provides far fewer chances than in the past. It has become both more difficult to create chances against them, but they are defending themselves better in the 3-5-2 system with three stoppere.
- We have created ourselves a fine starting point and can now allow us to look upwards in the table, says head coach Niels Frederiksen explains:
- In the next four matches we have, among other things FCK and FCM (in addition, the AGF and Hobro). Now we can put the chase in and try to get closer, says Niels Frederiksen, with the clear signal that Brøndby now chasing FC Copenhagen in second place. FC Midtjylland is, after all, very far away.
Samuel Mraz header here Brøndby at 2-0 on an excellent header. Photo: Lars Poulsen.
Sunday won Brøndby 2-1 against Esbjerg in a match where the home team got the first victory over the vestjyderne in seven attempts. The victory was deserved, but the game was not flashy the last half hour.
Niels Frederiksen welcomes the good luck streak, as Brøndby have hit, but he is not completely satisfied with what he saw against Esbjerg the last half hour.
- We don't hit a peak performance, but we won anyway. I think we are being overly cautious, and the last half hour is a mess, he thinks.
Samuel Mraz started for the first time at Brøndby Stadium, scored twice and could in the long run certainly be Kamil Wilczeks replacement. The pole was out of quarantine against Esbjerg, but he is back in two weeks against the AGF.
Niels, can you put a man, who has scored two goals in the last battle?
- I can find anything. But now we need to see. We have 14 days in which we must train, so that players can show off.
- It was great to see Sam (Samuel Mraz, ed.). He scores two beautiful goals and playing really well, as long as the forces are enough. He fills the role, I would like to see. He is good with his back to goal and very accurate, says Niels Frederiksen.
Is it possible that we get Wilczek and Mraz to see in the attack the next time?
- Everything is possible. But I will say it this way: I am very happy to have some options. It should a club like Brøndby have. We need to have several options at all positions, he points out.
Samuel Mraz scores here to 1-0 in the showdown against Esbjerg, where he additionally stood for 2-0 with such art. Photo: Lars Poulsen.
It was Samuel Mraz' first two scores since arriving in the summer. Despite the fine performance is slovakken very humble about his position.
- I'm really glad to get my first game from start at home and score two goals, but I will not make a claim on a place in the starting eleven for the next match. I do it, who is in the team's favor and is happy for the time that is given.
- All would of course like to play as much as possible, and I will also. I got shown that I can score goals, and I am very glad, says Samuel Mraz.
See also: Brøndby-hero: It was beautiful
See also: Mensah: We are strong for the time
See also: Brøndby break the curse despite the drama to the last second