two years ago, Tina and Soren Østerkjærhus parting with their father, Finn Østerkjærhus, who after 14 years with Alzheimer's passed quietly into.
on Wednesday night, one could follow a brother and sister in the TV2 documentary 'When the succession divides us', in which they tried to find answers on how their father legally able to get married with her cohabiting partner only a few months before, he was a guardian of the municipality.
Tina and Soren first heard about the marriage after the wedding ceremony and, therefore, was not even invited to the event which deprived them of all rights to their father's inheritance. To a man with advanced dementia, who is on his way to get assigned to a guardian, can marry, amazes them.
- I think in many ways, it is daft that you can it. Specially the our father has been exposed, says Søren Østerkjærhus to Ekstra Bladet.
- When it is said and done, there's not been anything illegal as such.
the Ceremony came to pass at the town hall with samleverens own nephew as the presence of the registrar and her daughter and sister as witnesses. Even though Finn Østerkjærhus's signature on the marriage certificate literally is unreadable, took place the ceremony according to the Municipality of Kolding completely by the book.
See also: Bear from the DR programme 'A quiet disappearance' is dead
richard and Tina had actually put the matter behind him, but turned anyway to TV2, since they will want to warn others who may end up in a similar situation.
- I will not say it has been a pleasant experience, for we have been through a process, and there is a reason that we choose to speak up about it here, says Søren Østerkjærhus.
- In force that we did this program, there is also been ripped up in some things that we really had chosen to push at the back of the head. The program people have taken good care of us during the whole process.
a brother and sister, hope now, that their proclamations in the media can be to advance, by the rules, so that in the future it is not possible to marry with persons suffering from Alzheimer's or similar diseases.
- The best solution could be, that something happens inside the Castle. There must be changed some procedures, which in the past might have worked out quite fine, but needs to change, says Søren Østerkjærhus.
Dance with the known - 16. sep. 2016 - pm. 11:10 michael j. fox speaks out about mother's illness
Although the in the program was made clear that the Finn Østerkjærhus' marriage was passed away quite legally, and therefore could not be made on it, believe Søren Østerkjærhus anyway, that they have got something good out of it.
- We've got some answers, which has confirmed us in that we are not completely biased on it. It had been something else, if all the experts had shaken his head and said, 'well, it is you who is completely wrong', but that is not someone who has done, he says.
in Addition, he makes it also clear that just because something is not illegal, it does not mean that it is not unethical.
- One thing is the fact that there has been something illegal, but it's right on the edge, he says.
Finn Østerkjærhus' former partner has not wanted to comment on the case before the program's broadcast.