How would you like it if you opened a mail from the tax administration and be able to read, that your tax was changed, so you now have to pay thousands of dollars back?
Such a mail was Tuesday sent out to 111,000 danes - by mistake.
One of those who have received the email, is 33-year-old Mette Simonsen. She got a shock when she checked her statement and could see that she owed over 3000 dollars.
According to the Excise is the single-parent families, which by mistake have been told that they do not have got a deduction, which they are entitled to.
- I got so hurt in the stomach and reached to think of what I saw had to do with christmas gifts. 3000 dollars is a lot of money, so I hurried to check what could have gone wrong, but could see nothing out of my other statements, says Mette Simonsen to Ekstra Bladet.
See also: Tax in the big roar: Over 100,000 have been wrong inventory
More than 300 danes have contacted Extra Magazine and told that they have received the email. The majority have been told they must pay between 5300 and 7000 dollars back.
- I have been totally out of it. It really felt like getting a slap in the face of the Tax, says Mette Simonsen, who couldn't get fat on the tax administration, because she received the email outside telefontid.
First, according to Ekstra Bladet contacted the Excise and asked for an explanation, stated that there was an error. And it can't be true, believes Mette Simonsen.
- I still have not heard from them. Not even after your article.
- For them it is just an it problem, but it is not for us. They forget that there's people on the other side, and that the 3000 dollars can also be a lot of money. So I am very unhappy, telling a frustrated Mette Simonsen.
however, She is far from the only one who has not yet officially been told that there is an error. Ekstra Bladet has been in touch with several telling that they were first able to breathe a sigh of relief when they read the article here in the newspaper.
- It is only now, when you tell me it. We are many who have received the same email, but no one has been told that they do not have to respond to it, telling a single parent who does not want his name forward.
- I have to say the numbers in shock, writes a second for the Extra Magazine.
A third tells, that she immediately became nervous, because the economy at home is not great.
to Ekstra Bladet tells Karoline Klaksvig, that the tax administration has known of the problem with the wrong mail since Tuesday afternoon.
- How can it be that you do not yet have told the danes, that there is an error?
- of course, We must first find out what the error is, and what the scope is. It is on our akutliste.
- Which sits over 100,000 single parents and believe that they need to pay thousands of dollars back in tax. They may be right, they must hear from Ekstra Bladet, that there has been a mistake?
- We are of course not to withdraw the money. But we must first find out what the error is and what the scope is. I do not think that it is strange that we first find out of the things before we communicate out to people.
- But it is of course regrettable, says the vice president Karoline Klaksvig.