When the French dækfirma Monday shared their coveted stars out of Norway's third city Trondheim, defected to the hyped restaurant the Alchemist in Copenhagen over the a-star and won two in the first blow.
head Chef Rasmus Monk was rewarded with two stars in the red guidebook for its experimental kitchen.
- It feels unreal. I don't think I have totally looked down on kokkejakken yet and seen that there are two, said a delighted Rasmus Monk for the Extra Magazine.
Copenhagen-the restaurant has been closed for a year, but re-opened in the autumn and has since been one of the most hyped restaurants in the world.
the Food at the Alchemist is mildly experimental. But it fell in the manufacturer's taste. Photo: Martin Lehmann
While people trickling out from Olavshallen in Trondheim and on to the after-party at the historic hotel unveiled the just a 28-year-old chef, that it came as a surprise to him.
- We have been open for six-seven months, and I am very grateful.
- You are only 28 years old. Have you always known you wanted to be a chef in this league?
- no, No, no, no! I have known it in the years I have worked as a chef, but before that it was a coincidence that I got at the cooking school, and went into in this profession. So no, it has not always been in the cards.
Known As much a servant of Michelin-starred chefs
the Billionaire Lars Seier Christensen owns majority of it and he has shot 86 million dollars into the project.
- you Feel a bit like a Messi or Ronaldo, as a wealthy minority can buy to get the finest of the finest?
- Arg, has the greater talent, I must admit. But without Lars, it might not be possible to do this restaurant. I doubt that it would be possible to find a partner in Denmark, Scandinavia, or the world, which will be able to do it, as Lars does, said the 28-year-old Michelin-starred chef.
How it looked, when the Alchemist got his two stars. Video: Ritzau Scanpix.
Rasmus Munk gave praise on the way to his colleague Eric Krogh Vildgaard in Gentofte, on Monday was rewarded with an extra star, so they are now up on the two.
- There are also some in everyday life, which makes it possible, and it is the boys and girls who are sitting back at the restaurant, who deserve it here, said Eric Krogh Vildgaard to Ekstra Bladet, when he, along with his wife Tina were on their way on to the dinner and after-party.
Tina Kragh Vildgaard, who, together with her husband behind the restaurant, Earthy, Rasmus Monk from the Alchemist, and Rasmus Kofoed from Geranium celebrates their stars on the stage in Trondheim. Photo: Aleksander
While he is in charge of the kitchen, she stands on the floor, and the work she was Earthy rewarded with the prize for best service.
the Restaurant is not the only thing, the couple spend time on. At home they have six children.
- How to get In just it all to hang together with the business and family life?
- Logistics and planning, it sounded quickly from Tina.
- I think I'm lucky I have you, said Eric, as he smiled lovingly to his wife.Society - 17. feb. 2020 - pm. 18:27 26 Danish restaurants to receive the Michelin star: the Two must say good-bye