in the Case of the critical conditions for the swimmers on winning the first of his from 2003 to 2013, and juniorlandsholdet from 2006 to 2014 is a historic big scandal.
It takes Mads Øland, director of the Danish Elitesportsudøveres Association (DEF), as the current elitesvømmere is a part of.
- Now I'm burdened by the fact that I have talked with a great many swimmers in the environment. So I knew where the bar goes.
- But this is a thorough legal report demonstrating that it is the biggest scandal in the Danish elite sport through the ages. I do not believe that there can be found something that is so wrong and crooked, says the director.
the Report, which Øland refers to, is prepared by the Attorney general and consists of 230 pages of sharp criticism of the special Dansk Svømmeunion, but also Team Denmark.
The two organizations have not lived up to their responsibilities in the period where the Danish elitesvømmere were subject to harsh training methods under landstrænerne Mark Regan and Paul Wildeboer.
the Study describes a tough culture, where the swimmers in violation of the guidelines among other things, was weighed in front of each other.
It also came in a DR documentary in the spring of 2019, after which the study initiated.
Mads Øland is, to put it mildly not impressed by the flow in the svømmesagen. Photo: Lars Poulsen
After the case came forward, several profiles left The National training center (NTC), and the swimmers declared in the summer in a joint message to their mistrust of the management at Dansk Svømmeunion, after the coaches Martin Truijens and Mads Bjørn Hansen said their positions due to disagreements with the union.
Mads Øland, however, believes that it will improve the relationship, to Dansk Svømmeunion has stopped cooperation with Pia Holmen Christensen and now must find a new director.
- right up to today, there has been a big crisis of confidence between the swimmers and the management of Dansk Svømmeunion. But now, people are so, by a change of its director. I think that it will help with the same.
- It is not enough, but it's a start. Then there comes a new director, who will pick up on it and put his team and his rules and work with it, he says.
Oland believes that the national team is 'torn to atoms'.
- Each swimmer is fighting his battle to get to the OLYMPICS. I know from conversations with them, that it is an insanely frustrating situation, he says.
Lars Jørgensen, chairman of the board at Dansk Svømmeunion, can not recognize the Mads Ølands description of a divided team.
- I should not think. I will not comment further on it. I have an impression that the swimmers who are on the national team at the NTC, is happy, and that is what I notice with.
It is too early yet to say anything about what svømmeunionen go after in a new director.
- There is not yet. It should of course be a director, who has the same values that we emphasize.
- We saw the first draft of the report on Tuesday evening. Since then we have been busy with getting looked at things - it is a long report - and, secondly, to draw the conclusions of the board of directors. This is what is happening now, he says.
Pia Holmen Christensen has been a director of the union since 2001.
See also: Svømmedirektør stops after case of critical conditions
See also: - It is shocking.
See also: Minister deeply shaken, - They forsook their responsibility of