Really had Nikolaj Lie Kaas plenty of work in the calendar, when the script for the film 'Collision' landed in his hands.
But even if he does not, as such, craved after several tasks on the spur of the moment, there was something that pulled him from the project, as the three Avaz-brothers, who previously has been behind the success 'When we live', would like to have him in.
In the film, he plays the husband and father Leo, whose family falls apart after a tragedy. A role that required the actor to the degree that gave los to the great emotions of the deepest grief during the filming.
- I really had to out in some emotion, but without belittling the play then it is a craft. It is no lie, what you are doing, for you believe in it, while you play it. But it is like a muscle, you can train, just like being good at Sudoku, " says Nikolaj Lie Kaas.
Avaz-brothers, with the fornavnene Mehdi, Milad and Misam came on everyone's lips when the with a meagre budget of two million Danish crowns in 2017 lured over 100,000 people in the cinema to see their debut film, 'While we live'.
however, the Reviewers were also enthusiastic about - partly because the brethren are not afraid to give the melodrama a proper one over the back of the neck.
There is an outright collapse, children in heart-rending weeping, with eyes directed towards the camera and the fierce quarrels and fights on the canvas, when they make movies.
- It's the big emotions, and it also came up behind me, it was extremely a patosunivers. But when you're in it, then you have to play it fully. It is you have to respect when you go into their universe, says Nikolaj Lie Kaas.
- It is also more fun to be there, where there is something at stake. It is like being in the circus, it is the most exciting there where you do not know, if it goes well. And this is how I have it also, when I go to work, he says.
It is when you dare to challenge themselves emotionally in a role that you can also surprise themselves, " explains the actor.
- I can remember, that I along the way in the recordings had a week where I thought that it was unbelievable that my body could produce so much water out of the eyes. This was true both for me and Cecilie (Stenspil, who plays his wife in the film, red.). It was absolutely crazy, as we had tudet like pigs all week. I could not understand how it could be done physically, he says.
It put its tracks with the actor, who could well feel that the role affected him both mentally and physically along the way.
- I was so tired. You go into a feeling, as you grow and grow and grow, and it would not normally do if there was something you were sorry. It has not needed to do as a human being, he says, and continues:
- It smashes not one to do it, but you probably should not go and say aloud what you are thinking for family and friends. For it will be reasonable black. It is the way I have to do it in order to be able to play some of those feelings, he says.
He has, however, been helped on the way by, he even has pretty good leash in his feelings and not have a problem with showing them to his family and his entourage.
- I'm in good contact with my feelings. Private is I the in my relationship, there tuder most. Certainly. My wife is much more rational and good to keep things out in the stretched arm, he says.
'Collision' can be seen in theaters now. It has also Birthe Neumann, Henning Jensen, Tommy Kenter and Sebastian Jessen in the cast.