7 Months Ago
8 Months Ago
4 Months Ago
HOSPITAL OFFICER PROMOTED: Registered nurse Sonia Wellman, Oak Hill Hospital's chief operating officer, was recently promoted to chief executive officer at Memorial Hospital of Tampa, a facility within the HCA West Florida Division. Wellman has served as a health care executive for more than 25 years in the acute care hospital setting. She joined HCA in 1999 as chief nursing officer at Oak Hill.
UPS HONORS DRIVERS: UPS recently announced that 81 elite drivers from Florida are among 1,575 newly inducted worldwide into the company's Circle of Honor, an honorary organization for UPS drivers who have achieved 25 or more years of accident-free driving. Making the list locally were: Paul Alvarez of Dade City, Clint Forman of Spring Hill, Scott Kroner of Brooksville, Charles Maggard of Brooksville, Stephen Sewell of Groveland and Richard Strittmatter of Brooksville, all drivers who work out of the Brooksville UPS office.
FOOD DONATION EARNS DISCOUNT: BonWorth, 12987 Cortez Blvd., Spring Hill, will offer a 15 percent discount on customers' total purchases when they make a food or monetary donation to benefit People Helping People through March 5. For information, call (352) 597-8264.
CHAMBER RIBBON-CUTTING: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will have a ribbon-cutting at Crescent Community Clinic, 5244 Commercial Way, Spring Hill, at noon March 8. For information, call Barbara Swienberg at (352) 263-1218.
CHAMBER AFTER HOURS MIXER: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will have its March After Hours Mixer at 5:30 p.m. March 9 at 15215 Cortez Blvd., west of Brooksville. The event is sponsored by Nurse On Call by Brookdale Home Healthcare. The event is free. To RSVP, visit hernandochamber.com. For information, call (352) 684-8852, or the chamber, (352) 796-0697.
KEYS TO SUCCESS: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will have its third annual Keys to Success business development series from March 20 to 24. Events include:
• B2B Marketing Expo, 1 to 7 p.m. March 20 at Pasco-Hernando State College Spring Hill Campus, 450 Beverly Court, Spring Hill. Free.
• Maximizing Your Results at an Expo workshop, 2 to 3 p.m. March 20 at PHSC's Spring Hill Campus. Free.
• Seven Ways to Not be That Guy (or Girl) workshop, 3:30 to 4:30 p.m. March 20 at PHSC's Spring Hill Campus. Free.
• Spring Business Showcase, 5 to 7 p.m. March 20 at PHSC's Spring Hill Campus. Free.
• Building Your Business Plan with LivePlan workshop, 8 to 11:30 a.m. March 21 at the chamber office, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, south of Brooksville. Free.
• Pricing for Profit workshop, 2 to 3:30 p.m. March 21 at the chamber office. Free.
• Chamber Membership Breakfast with speaker Crystal Smith, Shine Consulting CEO, 7:15 a.m. March 22 at Silverthorn Country Club, 4550 Golf Club Lane, south of Brooksville. Advance tickets are $15; $20 at the door.
• Utilizing YouTube to Promote Your Business lunch-and-learn, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. March 22 at the chamber office. $10.
• CyberSafety workshop, 2 to 3:30 p.m. March 22 at the chamber office. Free.
• 51 Fatal Business Errors and How to Avoid Them workshop, 8 to 9:30 a.m. March 23 at the chamber office. Free.
• Legal Pitfalls for the Small Business Owner lunch-and-learn, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. March 23 at the chamber office. $10 prepaid, $15 at the door.
• One Plus One Should Not Equal One workshop, 2 to 3:30 p.m. March 23 at the chamber office. Free.
• Guiding Principles on the Pathway to Success workshop, 8 to 9:30 a.m. March 24 at PHSC Spring Hill Campus. Free.
• Best and Worst Practices on Earth panel discussion with Royce Decker, 10 to 11 a.m. March 24 at PHSC's Spring Hill Campus. Free.
• Series finale: Business Leader and ED with speaker Mickey Smith, Oak Hill Hospital CEO, from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. March 24 at PHSC's Spring Hill Campus. $15.
To RSVP or for information, visit hernandochamber.com or call (352) 796-0697.
SMALL BUSINESS SEMINARS: Pasco Hernando SCORE is presenting a series of free small business seminars:
• Building a Business Plan for a Successful Business, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. March 7, Centennial Park Branch Library, 5740 Moog Road, Holiday.
• Using the Internet in Your Business, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. March 8, Hugh Embry Branch Library, 14215 Fourth St., Dade City.
• Financial Tips for Your Small Business, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. March 9, New River Branch Library, 34043 State Road 54, Wesley Chapel.
• Internet Marketing, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. March 9, Regency Park Branch Library, 9701 Little Road, New Port Richey.
To register and for information, visit pascohernando.score.org and click on the local workshops tab or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
If you have business announcements you would like to share with our readers, mail the details to Jean Hamilton, Business Digest, Hernando Times, 15365 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville, FL 34613-6174. You may also email items to email@example.com or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Items may be edited for length and clarity. Photos are published as space permits; they will not be returned. Call (352) 848-1438.
Our editors found this article on this site using Google and regenerated it for our readers.