The flip-able mattresses are one of its kinds and differ from most of the mattresses that you get today that cannot be flipped over. These are typically two-sided mattresses.
However, the flip-able mattresses have the same kind of firmness setting on both the sides or you may even choose a one that has different levels of firmness on each side. When it comes to firmness, you should have a proper idea about what it is actually. Ideally, firmness is:
- The feel of the mattress
- Measured on a scale from 1 to 10
- Linked to the materials used to build it and
- Depends on the comfort layer on the top of the bed.
There is another significant difference between a common and a flip-able mattress. Most of the common models of mattresses have a set of base layers that are made from dense foam or steel springs making it difficult to flip over.
The difference with dual-sided mattresses
Most people, however, mix up a flipable mattress with a dual-sided mattress even though both of these types of mattresses offer different levels of firmness.
- The dual-sided mattresses cannot be flipped over because it has only one sleep surface. The name it gets is just because this single side contains two different firmness levels.
- The flappable mattresses, on the other hand, are not symmetrical. This ideally is the crucial differentiating factor of it from the one-sided and two-sided models.
- The comfort layers in the flip able beds vary with different firmness setting even though the support core made from foam usually the same.
- The latex part and the foam of the comfort layers differ in the densities. It can have extra foam layers or microcoils as well.
It is due to this difference in the construction that gives dual comfort. These models usually have a thicker base than other models and are suitable for heavier people. It is for the thickness of the flip able mattresses that you may find it a bit tough to flip them over without the help of someone else.
The common characteristics
When you want the best, you will need to follow the buying Guide for the Best Flippable Mattresses that you will find in a store. For this, you will need to know the characteristics and the different advantages and disadvantages of it as well.
- If you favor more for one type of firmness choose a flipable model that has similar firmness setting on each side.
- If you want oscillating sleeping, go for a mattress that has different firmness on each of its sides.
As for the characteristics, flip over mattresses usually have a firmer and a softer side to choose. However, you can get it customized according to your need and preference.
- These mattresses have a longer lifespan
- You can prevent early sagging by flipping it regularly
- These are suitable for people who do not know anything about their firmness preference.
Most importantly, they will cost you the same as the one-sided mattresses are made from the same material.