Life is full of rules, but it never hurts to learn a few more, especially when it comes to knowing how to dress well. For men, in particular, there are an ever-increasing number of options when it comes to things to wear, some of which are very traditional and some very experimental. If you’ve got a set of rules to follow, you’ll find it much easier to dress well. Here are 8 for you to take note of.
- Wear a Suit that Fits Well: If you tend to buy suits off the rack, choose one that fits across the shoulders. Alterations to the chest and waist are much easier if the suit fits you across the shoulders. Classic suits work best, such as dark, two-button, single-breasted ones.
- Invest in a Watch: Even though the digital world has taken over when it comes to keeping track of time, there is still a place for a luxury watch. You can buy mens watches online USA, and you should choose one because you like it. It should feel comfortable and fit.
- Don’t be Scared of Color: Traditionally, men have been a little shy of adding color to their wardrobe, but times are changing, and the fashion world is encouraging men to be bold with their color choice.
- Take Care of Your Appearance: While the wild man of the woods look may appeal to some people, you’ll be far more successful in life if you look after your appearance. Give your outfits the care and attention they deserve.
- Don’t Scrimp on Your Shoes: A good pair of shoes should last more than a decade so don’t be frightened to splash out on a classic pair of loafers, brogues or Derby’s. The shape of the toe is something that comes and goes with different trends, but a round toe will never age, and it’ll always be comfortable to wear.
- Minimal Accessories: It’s possible to use them to your advantage but don’t be tempted to go overboard. Less is more, and you should also harmonize colors rather than clash.
- What if Your Wear Glasses?: Buying cheap frames because there’s a good deal on at the moment is a false economy. You might have spent a lot on the lenses, but it will be a waste of money if your frames start looking tatty after a couple of months. It’s also important to buy frames that suit you and fit well. The shape of your face has to be taken into account when choosing glasses.
- You Can Break the Rules from Time to Time: If there is a dress code, it’s probably better if you stick to it, but at other times, why not rip the rule book up and throw caution to the wind?
How you dress is a very personal thing, and it’s an outward reflection of your personality. You can tell a lot about a person from the clothes they choose to wear so choose yours wisely and don’t be shy about making a statement of your own.