- the Fascists at the port prevented the 49 people in the to go in the country!
- And to the sea, they were attacked by men wearing masks, and left in distress for hours of the european and Turkish authorities.
- Offended at a Greek port of the fascists that prevented them from reaching the country, and as the attack solidaritetsaktivister and journalists.
- the Shameful scenes at Europe's borders.
I was attacked by fascists as locals try to push a boat of refugees that was in distress earlier away from the port of Thermi on #Lesvos. I am (kinda) ok, don't worry - the refugees though are still sitting in the boat. Plastic bottles are thrown to them. #Europe2020 pic.twitter.com/BE00gc9pXB— Michael Trammer (@mic_tra) March 1, 2020
How to write the News from the With' on Facebook, about the violent scenes, which played out yesterday when a boat carrying 49 refugees/migrants trying to land in the town of Thermi on the island of Lesbos.
A UNHCR employee tells that it was called 'Travel back to Turkey' from the quay, and a freelance journalist tells that he got beaten up and his camera was thrown in the water, when he would take pictures:
On the German Spiegel has more than 100,000, however, looked on the video footage of the incident, and in the newspaper's Facebook comments, there is also harsh criticism of the screaming residents:
- This is how Europe's patriots defending their values - by not letting people with children arrive in a boat.
- Thank you for nothing, writes Mohammed A. thus, while Evagglia M, is more positive:
- I'm writing from the mainland, the Evros area, where we are since Friday have been trying to protect Europe's border.
- You can not imagine it, if you don't see it.
- Our sons, brothers, friends stand on the fence and the border for 12 hours a day!!! They are bold!
- the Inhabitants of the islands will just protect their island, writes Evagglia M in a comment, that right now have got 1000 likes, but what do you say?