I ask myself if there is no greeks, who can remember, back then they even had to escape to save their lives.
- They wanted to move away from the fascists, and they were welcomed with open arms.
- Now, shoot the against the refugees, and can be sure that god will punish them.
the nation - 5. mar. 2020 - pm. 17:02 Escalation: Erdogan is sending 1000 cops to the limit
How to write Niranjan R in one of the 93 comments that are written on the menneskerettighedsorganisationens Human Rights Watch Facebookprofil to a video about the situation of the approximately 13.000, migrants/refugees, who sits on the Turkish side of the border to the EU.
In the video tells an afghan man.ex., that they had been notified that the with the help of the Turkish police could get into the EU, but that they are being beaten by Greek border guards and sent back, when/if they try to get into the EU.
Human Rights Watch therefore calls on the EU to open her eyes, and Nadia Hardmann, researcher, puts it thus:
- the EU is hiding behind a shield of Greek brutality, instead to help to protect asylum seekers, and help them in the EU.
- the EU should protect the people instead of to support the border guards, who beats and robs and returns of asylum-seekers and migrants.
At a meeting between Turkey and the EU in the last week, it was agreed that there will need to be checked in detail at the agreement, which was concluded in 2016. An agreement, who, until last week meant that Turkey would keep the refugees/migrants back.
And the German government announced that, together with other EU countries in a 'koalation of the willing' will take a number of children from the crowded migrantlejre on the Greek islands. It has Mattias Tesfaye, however, rejected with the words:
- There is no doubt that many of the people who want to cross the border to Greece, are in an unhappy situation.
- But we need to be aware of the consequences it will have if we start to redistribute the migrants, who are staying for example on Lesbos.
- I fear that it will get even more people to cross the border illegally or putting themselves in gummibådene. It will work as something that draws even more people to Europe.
- It will mean that even more children, women and men will drown in the Mediterranean or be subjected to violence on the way to Europe. We have to avoid it, and therefore I do not believe that redistribution is a good idea – on the contrary.”