Several of the football players, landstrænere and leaders on Tuesday reacted on The European Football associations (UEFA) decision to postpone the EM from the summer of 2020 to 2021.
the Decision taken as a result of the spread of the coronavirus in most of Europe.
the Postponement of the EM means at the same time that the national coach Åge Hareide after four years on the bench of the Danish national team, do not get the opportunity to finish his time in the forefront with a championship. Hareide replaced to august of Kasper Hjulmand.
- It is a sin for Åge. He has done a fantastic job for the national team, which he led to two finals, and he deserved to stand there for the summer and get the perfect parting.
- It's about winning the fight against coronavirusset. In the serious situation we are in, football is not so important. Therefore, I think that it is right, Uefa is doing.
- There is not so much to think of right now. My contract runs out, and that's it. In the here time, there are others which are in a much harder situation than me.
- People are sick, people lose their jobs and risk their life's work ends up in the gravel. In this context I am just frustrated, but there is nothing I can do about it .
- It is deeply regretted that Åge Hareides era and the great time in Denmark, must join on the way. It was certainly not what we had in the manual. It was that we were to play the three matches in the Park and go even further to the finals.
- Usually, we play not with sin in football, but this is something that goes in the heart.
- We back up completely on the government and the authorities ' actions the last time and have therefore also taken the necessary actions in the world of football.
- Therefore, we must also acknowledge that it would be irresponsible to dismantle a european championship finals, with thousands of fans, who travel across national borders and keep the football feast both in and outside of the stadiums.
- It is the right decision. In my eyes, there were no other alternatives. Top of the developments the past week, or the last few weeks, it is the right and logical to do. The society has been affected much, and the soccer ball is a part of the society. So I will not say that I am surprised that EM moved.
- We must all help to protect the health and protect human life. It also applies to the soccer ball. Therefore, it is an absolutely correct decision, and there was no alternative to postpone the tournament.
- Sport also has a responsibility to reduce the spread of infection, and it requires major decisions to take that responsibility on themselves. Uefa has today shown that there are more important things in the world than football. The hills we are fully up in the DIF.
- It is huge shame for the many players and fans, who had looked forward, but I think it is a reasonable and responsible decision in the current situation.
- There is also the consideration that we would like to be able to play the national tournaments finished - also in Denmark. Otherwise there is a risk that it can pull the rug from under the clubs, and it will have huge consequences for the Danish top football.
See also: Will remember the special fifth anniversary episode: - It was unusual
See also: Pierre-Emile spoke days: - Drønærgerligt
Landsholdsfodbold - 17. mar. 2020 - pm. 16:58 Hareide in quarantine: - Many have it worse than me