the national board of Health has been met with criticism for not testing enough individuals, whether they are infected with the coronavirus.
for Example, south Korea is however, have been highlighted as a country that has learned much of the previous virus outbreaks like sars and mers and from the outset has been tested widely.
Director Søren Brostrøm from the Danish Health and medicines authority rejects the criticism and expect that Denmark will overtake south Korea in the test.
- There has been much focus on whether we are testing for a bit. Denmark is really, really good in the field, even compared with some of the countries that are highlighted - for example, south Korea.
Denmark is approaching to test the 1000 people per day, which in proportion to the population is high according to the Danish Health and medicines authority.
- We have an optimistic expectation that we can overtake south Korea soon as compared to testpraksis, says Søren Brostrøm.
the world health Organization has urged countries to 'test, test and test'. In the last week changed from a strategy to contain the infection to a strategy focused on mitigation of the spread of infection.
the Announcement was that it was only people with obvious symptoms, should be tested, while people with mild symptoms should go in hjemmekarantæne in 14 days.
- At the time we had not samfundssmitte, we had imported the infection from certain destinations. The core of the inddæmningsstrategien is that one is able to anticipate where the infection and the risk areas are, says Søren Brostrøm.
It is a misconception that the uk has continued to test people at the same time, according to the Danish Health and medicines authority.
- When we make a strategiskifte, it is not an expectation that we need to test less, but that we need to test significantly more, while at the same time we prevent the infection in the community, says Søren Brostrøm.
in Addition, is the announcement from the WHO, has been 'overfortolket or misunderstood', for it was directed against countries which are not in the same place as Denmark. It can be developing countries or countries like the UNITED states, which so far have not attributed to test the great value.
There are issued new guidelines, where also health care professionals can be tested for mild symptoms.
- We create a possibility that healthcare professionals might come in and be tested, if one has mild symptoms. You are negative, you can get to work again, says Søren Brostrøm.