When we are asked to keep us more in the home, so it can provide the tapered situations, which lead to more violence.
in any case It is the pattern, several organizations have seen. And therefore calls on the Left now, to the many rooms at the hotels that stand empty because of the outbreak of the coronavirus, should be given to women who can't get space on the shelters.
It says Fatma Øktem, who is the party's ligestillingsordfører.
- In this difficult time, when we all are asked to be at home, there are women who do not have the safety and security.
- There we have - including the government - an obligation to go and help these women, she says.
Since 11. march, where prime minister Mette Frederiksen (S) announced the first series of actions to limit the spread of the coronavirus in Denmark, there has in average been five requests each day for space on the shelters.
From January through to the prime minister's press conference, there was an average of 2.7 requests per day.
the Figure covers both the male and female contacts. In the period, however, there is only one enquiry from a man, inform the organization Live Without Violence.
But there is no space in the centres to the many people, sounds.
Therefore, the announced social and the interior, Astrid Krag (S) on Friday that the government will increase the capacity of women's refuges.
It must be done by bringing forward funds allocated in the budget for 2020, to establish more permanent seats on the shelters, as well as to set up emergency seats now and here.
the Blueprint will be ready the coming week, she said at a news conference.
Although the Left agree with the decision to bring forward funds from the budget bill, so fear Fatma Øktem that it will take time before we see the result in real places.
- It is said, is that it must be in the extension of the existing shelters and it leads me to believe that it can take time to find seats, if you first must build out and hiring.
- Here is a golden opportunity to go in and use the hotels, where the government accepts women.
- at the same time, there must be guards, which is to create security and safety. It can be established quite quickly, " she says, and stresses that there will be a 'temporary' solution.