more and More people to be pinched financially, because of the outbreak of the coronavirus.
It will now get more banks to offer a helping hand to its customers.
In a press release tells Sydbank, the fourth largest in Denmark, that the bank increases the customer the possibility of temporary overdrafts in their accounts and the extension of credits.
Also, there is the possibility to extend the repayment period on the loan.
Sydbank considering in addition, what opportunities there are to provide deferral or postponement - payments.
According to Karen Frøsig, ceo, Sydbank, is it still too early to say how the spread of the coronavirus affects the individual customer, since the partial shutdown of Denmark has only just begun.
- We have already been in contact with many customers. Customers need certainty about their situation.
- The actions we do in Sydbank, is more of what we know works, when customers need help.
This time, however, we have turned up the intensity and the flexibility, when customers have a need for close dialogue with their bank, says Karen Frøsig in the message.
Also Vestjysk Bank is ready to help customers in the exceptional situation. Here are the private customers are offered ydelseshenstand, bank overdrafts and lending options, if the need arises.
Vestjysk Bank also stands ready to help business customers, which right now can be hit hard by the coronaudbruddet.
For this type of customers offer the bank among other things, flexible credit and loan facilities as well as other individual solutions.
- the Situation is very serious, and it can have big economic consequences for the Danish economy and our local communities.
- As a local bank we have an obligation to support our business and residential customers, that might get it hard - our customers and the local communities in the mid-, west - and east jutland is the basis of our existence.
- We have a common interest in that we all come out of the crisis as well as possible, says Jan Ulsø Madsen, executive director of Vestjysk Bank, in a press release.