'don't you Think it is a little cozy, how to go home, just us five?', asked my husband to me on day 4 of the lock-down.
He was met with an absent nod, for the question had hit me like a mavepuster.
so begins Marie Brixtofte, licensed psychologist, author and lecturer, a letter to the nation! of all the danes, who right now are sent home from work - and on what she fears might happen while they are together with their children at home in many more hours than usual.
See also: Family after Brixtofte death: Struggling with alcohol abuse
Marie believes, namely, that they who drink, will use hjemmearbejdsdagene or sending to drink even more. And the nation! have talked with the COOP, which confirms that the sale of beer, wine and alcohol are increased here during the coronakrisen (however, sales of other goods as f.ex. pasta has increased even more).
Marie's letter - which she hopes you will share further via f.ex. Facebook - continues as follows:
Suddenly I could only think of the 122.000 children between 0 and 18 years, who right now are living with full parents. And normally survive because of the relief as day care, school, peers and grandparents offer.
I said a silent prayer that these parents would turn down for consumption, because they would prepare their immune system to be hit by corona virus.
- But the prayer was wishful thinking.
- in times Of crisis, be screwed which usually up to the abuse. When the mother and father will not have to stay sober to go to work, can drink right from the morning.
Corona - the isolation, therefore, has a lot of invisible victims. There sits an average of two children in each teacher, if the parents drink too much and half as many as live in homes with substance-abuse.
- The innocent children, who are now isolated at home in hell.
- Which right now can't take skoletasken on and breathe a sigh of relief, and right now can't package their red suitcase, and seek refuge with granny and grandpa.
- Let us now send them a loving thought and a quiet promise that we will not forget them.
- And let us then commit ourselves to help them after corona-the crisis that we are together to change the alcohol culture we have in Denmark, writes Marie Brixtofte, but what are you thinking?