Rubab Mahmoud and Malak Ahmad Kayed at 18 and 19 years from the Elsinore belong, according to them, even to a generation that does not follow so much in the news on tv and radio.
they Must use some important information, then search for them on the web, and usually find what they're looking for, there.
But in connection with that covid-19 has now begun to harass and cost human lives in Europe, it has gone up to the two women, they and the rest of their generation are simply not well enough informed.
Rubab and Malak made a survey among young people on the net, and it clearly showed that the young people, who answered, was very confused about coronavirus.
- To a question about what you should do if you think you have the coronavirus, said many, for example, that one should take to the doctor. But it should precisely not, for as you run the risk of becoming infected or of spreading infection, " says Malak Ahmad Kayed for Extra Magazine.
- There is really much fake news out there, when you will read about the coronavirus. People write what they think they know, in all sorts of Facebook groups, and so it becomes to fake news. And so it is, for example, that people are beginning to hoard, even though it is not at all necessary, supplement Rubab Mahmoud.
Therefore, will the two young women from town now make an app, which will inform precisely the country's young people about the dangers of coronavirus and all of the proper guidelines and rules for how one should act in order to prevent the spread.
See also: Corona in numbers: So many are hit in Denmark and in the world
- We feel that it will be able to make a big difference. The real news do not reach us young, and we feel overlooked. We do all the things we are not allowed to. There are many who long has assembled and keeps the birthdays and just do as they usually do. Many do not understand that it's not us, it goes above and beyond, but the elderly, who may die if they become infected, " says Malak Ahmad Kayed.
After the first questionnaire, the two young people from Elsinore sent out, they sent yet another to their peers, and asked whether they would download a free app without a login, which includes the right knowledge about coronaviruses. It corresponded most clearly yes.
They have contacted the national board of health, which backs them up to create an app and use the information from the Danish Health and medicines authority, so long as the agency is credited. So now the manager Rubab Mahmoud and Malak Ahmad Kayed for some, which can help fund a free app for young people, and some that can help to develop it.
- We are 18 and 19 years old, and we are both students, so many of the money we have not. But we hope to find some that will help us to make a difference. We need partners that can back our ideas up, says the Malak Ahmad Kayed.
- I have a mother with a weak heart, so I am very afraid to be infected and infect my mother. After all, there are so many smittekæder in it, and it has all the young people are not understood yet, " says Rubab Mahmoud.