With just a few steps to one of the country's largest lakes you would think it was a straightforward matter to find water to suppress the fire in the well-known restaurant Hotel Julsø, who on Friday was at the foot of Himmelbjerget.
But so simple, it was far from it. On the contrary.
While firefighters from all over Nsw pøsede water on, drove tankers with the blue blink of the shuttles between the on and a mobile fire pump at the Reputation of the Marina - also by Julsø, but ten kilometres away - to retrieve the extinguishing. A small quarter drive each way - 20 miles in total.
- Granted, it sounds a little molboagtigt, but that's how it was, say indsatsleder Johnny Damgård, Our Fire department.
Between the Hotel Julsø, and the lake of the same name are just a few meters. But partly, the road was on Friday blocked by fire trucks, and partly in the user no longer mobile pump trucks. - We use the tank in the day, says Our Fire department, which instead downloaded extinguishing by the Reputation of the Marina. Also by Julsø, but ten kilometres away. Photo: Anita Graversen
- A modern reaction to fires do not pull around with pump trucks as in the old days. We use the tank, if there is no available fire hydrants at the on, Johnny says Damgård.
- It sounds quite brittle. The hotel is set close up at Julsø, and yet drove In two times ten kilometers after the water?
- Yes, correct. One of the explanations is that some of the brandkøretøjerne, who arrived as the first, stood to parked, that it was hard to come by with a pump.
- But the fact is that the so-called slangetendere, which was previously used to soak up water from the branddamme and streams, in fact, is phased out. They still exist at some stations around, but they will not be sent out unless asked about it.
- In my 20 years as indsatsleder it can be counted on one hand the times it's happened, Johnny says Damgård.
The 150 year-old building was mainly built in wood. Even though the hotel part was closed, it was the later year a well-attended eatery with daily port calls by Hjeljebådene in the summer season.
the Owners have not yet decided whether the Hotel Julsø to the pdb. Police are continuing to investigate on the to find a cause for the fire.