The over 200 danes, who are stuck in Peru in south America, should not expect to get home right first.
It tells the Erik Brøgger Rasmussen, director of the foreign ministry's Citizen service.
- Unfortunately, the after tomorrow, really, really stranded. For the peruvian government decided to close the national airspace completely for flights.
- It will say that there are no more flights out of Peru. And so it is really hard to get out, says Erik Brøgger Rasmussen.
The peruvian authorities in a short time, taken several significant steps to reduce the spread of the coronavirus. This means that more and more people in the country now stranded with no immediate opportunities to return home.
According to Erik Brøgger Rasmussen has stranded two options.
- Either they must remain in Peru until the airspace opens again. And no, there is meaningful can say when that will happen.
- Otherwise, Denmark shall, in cooperation with other countries - first and foremost, nordic and european - to arrange særflyvninger for the danes, but also about 10,000 other europeans, out of Peru, he says.
There are good opportunities for særflyvninger, stresses Erik Brøgger Rasmussen. But it is not the same as, to those who are stuck in Peru, must get the hopes for a quick return in the weather.
it takes its time to stack særflyvningerne on the legs.
- We used the 14 days to get three flights out of China in January, when we evacuated out of the Hubei province. It was quite tedious. I hope that it will be just as difficult, but it takes a very long time with the kind of flights.
- Everything has to start from the bottom up, because there are no governments, who runs the travel agency, says Erik Brøgger Rasmussen.
He dare not put a time frame on when the danes begin to return home from Peru again. The foreign ministry's Citizen service working around the clock to get stranded danes home, sounds it.
on Saturday morning there was, according to the ministry of foreign affairs krisedatabase registered 1506 stranded danes abroad as a result of coronaudbruddet.
the Situation in especially south America and Asia, for example Philippines, is still very complex, says the Ministry of foreign affairs.