the Organizers of the OLYMPICS in Tokyo in 2020 is starting to work on possible alternative dates for running sommerlegene.
It tells two anonymous sources close to the OLYMPIC organizing committee in Tokyo to the news agency Reuters.
It stands in contrast to it, as the government of Japan has said that the postponement is not an option.
the Spanish football 21. mar. 2020 - pm. 21:31 Watch the video: Braithwaite takes the piss out of himself
despite the outbreak of coronavirus, Japan has stubbornly clung to, in that the games will begin 24. July according to plan.
But behind the scenes now represent a completely different picture.
- Finally, we have been asked to make a simulation in the event of a postponement, said one of the sources, an official close to the organising committee, to Reuters.
- We work with you to make alternative plans - plan B, C and D and look at the different deferred time frames, says the source, who is one of those who are involved in the plans.
See also: Braithwaite forced back to Madrid
the Work, among other things, to count the cost out at every single possible exposure.
Neither The International Olympic Committee (IOC) or any official source from the Tokyo olympic arrangørkomité will comment on the matter.
One of the options is also to run the OLYMPICS without spectators, and all scenarios should be discussed in the organizing committee at the end of march, informs the source.
The second source, who also is close to the organising committee, confirms that a postponement is debatable, and that some of the options include to push OL a year or two.
There is also the hope only to push the OLYMPICS in a month or 45 days, says source number two, which also states that he is working with the alternative plans.
in Both the sources of Reuters have been allowed to be anonymous, because they do not have the authority to speak with the media.
The final decision must come from the IOC, but Japan's stance also means something, they tell.
Reuters has also spoken with two quite senior members of the OLYMPICS organising committee. One of them says that the decision to postpone the OLYMPICS must happen quickly.
- The longer they wait with the decision, the more it must be prepared. It will mean that aflysningsgebyrer hit the ceiling, says the anonymous board member.
IOC president Thomas Bach spoke on the subject in an interview with the New York Times on Friday. He was asked specifically whether the IOC had set up a group that works with the different possible delays of the OLYMPICS.
- We do not know how the situation will be. Of course, we are considering various scenarios, but we are unlike many other sports bodies and professional leagues four months from the games.
- They have even been more optimistic than us, because many of them have postponed their events until april or end of may. We are talking about the end of July, says Bach, the New York Times.
the Sources, which Reuters has spoken with has a different interpretation and tells in detail about, to take many issues into account in the various udskydelses scenarios.
It is about the prospect of getting complaints from the older athletes who suddenly need to stay in longer. It's all about getting the sponsors to continue their loyal support.
another headache is, according to the sources, to the olympic city, where, among other athletes will be staying, after the plan was converted to apartments after sommerlegene.
in Addition, the summer of 2021 already know to be well filled in the calendar, which includes a deferred event as the european championships in football, while the 2022 offers, among other things the football WORLD cup and the winter OLYMPICS.
Japanese sponsors are also very nervous, according to an anonymous representative of the more than 60 sponsors.
- of Course, companies are nervous, and they discuss what they should do. No one wants to be the first, which says something about the possibility of the postponement, says the representative.